backup assistant database error
hockeymom25

I have a LG Vortex and I can't sync using my backup assistant -- it keeps says "database error".  How do I fix this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: backup assistant database error
Wildman
Legend

Backup Assistance have had issues with a number of devices...

Try Importing all contacts to Google and then all you have to do is check the double entries and select delete..

1. Log into Verizon Backup Assistant
2. Click on Export to CSV
3. Save File as (or Rename to) Contacts (it should already be converted to CSV so including .csv is redundant)
4. Log into Gmail/Google Voice
5. Click on Contacts
6. Click on Import
7. Browse for the Contacts (.csv) file
8. Click Import

9. Disable BA by going to Settings / Applucations . Manage Applications / All Tab / Sync Service / Clear All

All contacts on youir device should sync to Google...   Now I do say should because no software is perfect but this usually resolves this issue..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Backup Assistance have had issues with a number of devices...

Try Importing all contacts to Google and then all you have to do is check the double entries and select delete..

1. Log into Verizon Backup Assistant
2. Click on Export to CSV
3. Save File as (or Rename to) Contacts (it should already be converted to CSV so including .csv is redundant)
4. Log into Gmail/Google Voice
5. Click on Contacts
6. Click on Import
7. Browse for the Contacts (.csv) file
8. Click Import

9. Disable BA by going to Settings / Applucations . Manage Applications / All Tab / Sync Service / Clear All

All contacts on youir device should sync to Google...   Now I do say should because no software is perfect but this usually resolves this issue..

0 Likes
jroal
Contributor - Level 2

My advice: disable backup assistant and never use it.  Instead use the Google sync services.  That bad news is that disabling backup assistant is not easy as Verizon has forced it on us, does not allow us to remove it, and makes it part of the initial phone setup.  Here is what i finally had to do to rid myself of it (for now anyway):

1. Reset your phone to factory defaults.  Of course make sure everything is backed up using Google.  The reset is done by [settings] -> [Privacy] -> {Factory data reset].
  2. Go to the verizon website, sign into your account, and wipe out all your backup assistant data.
  3. Initialize the device but do not set up backup assitant.  Make sure you do not provide it a PIN.
  4. Let the phone completely initialize and restor your stuff.  If your apps don't come back in about 30 minutes or so, go to Android Market https://market.android.com , log in, and go to [My Library].  Then you can push them all back on the device quickly from the web.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

jroal wrote:

My advice: disable backup assistant and never use it.  Instead use the Google sync services.  That bad news is that disabling backup assistant is not easy as Verizon has forced it on us, does not allow us to remove it, and makes it part of the initial phone setup.  Here is what i finally had to do to rid myself of it (for now anyway):

1. Reset your phone to factory defaults.  Of course make sure everything is backed up using Google.  The reset is done by [settings] -> [Privacy] -> {Factory data reset].
  2. Go to the verizon website, sign into your account, and wipe out all your backup assistant data.
  3. Initialize the device but do not set up backup assitant.  Make sure you do not provide it a PIN.
  4. Let the phone completely initialize and restor your stuff.  If your apps don't come back in about 30 minutes or so, go to Android Market https://market.android.com , log in, and go to [My Library].  Then you can push them all back on the device quickly from the web.

You dont have to Hard Reset, the step number 9 in my previous post disables BA without resetting device..

9. Disable BA by going to Settings / Applications . Manage Applications / All Tab / Sync Service / Clear All

0 Likes