backup assistant
Kmarie471

Can i go to my verizon wireless account online and transfer my contacts from my old phone to my new droid motorola phone? Do i have backup assistant on my Droid? Do i have to go into a store and have them do it?

0 Likes
Re: backup assistant
Not applicable

I used Backup Assistant to copy my contacts from my old phone to my Gmail account, then downloaded from Gmail to my Droid.

0 Likes
Big_Red_Loyal

I'm sure the good folks at your local VZW would have no problem transfering your contacts with no charge. They did for me.

0 Likes
KJ8

Jim - would you mind walking me through the steps to get backup assistant to transfer my contacts to gmail?

Thanks!

0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

Go to My Verizon. On the overview page there is a list of Quick Links on the right side. Click Manage My Contacts. Once your contacts display, look for a link labeled Export to CSV (should be under the Search Contacts button). Click it and your contacts will be exported to a file with .csv as the extension. You can open it with Excel and clean it up if desired. Just be sure to resave in CSV format. For trouble free importing make sure the key columns in the file are named as follows:

First Name

Last Name

company

mobile phone

home phone

business phone

home fax

business fax

E-mail Address (or e-mail address)

E-mail 2 Address

E-mail 3 Address

birthday

notes

The names are case sensitive and must match the names in this list exactly. Then go to Gmail Contacts and import the csv file.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Then you can log into your gmail account from your computer.  Import the file using the import command in Gmail.  I don't remember how the data gets from Gmail to your Droid.  It may have been automatic.  I'm not sure.

0 Likes