blue tooth dropping calls and voice searching through blue tooth
kim123456789

About 2 weeks ago when using blue tooth in my car, it started dropping my calls and goes directly to my cell phone's speaker.  This happens on every call.  Also when I click on the microphone on Google search to talk my search, it goes through my car speakers.  Can someone tell me what has happened?

0 Likes
Re: blue tooth dropping calls and voice searching through blue tooth
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello kim123456789! Sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing through your car's audio system and your phone's bluetooth services. There are a number of reasons as to why your phone may be experiencing issues with its bluetooth connection.

What car make and model do you connect to? Also, what is the make and model of your phone? Did you recently perform a software update to your phone, by chance? Google may have processed an update to the bluetooth stack/software, and your current car audio system may not be fully compatible with it. This can happen, though rarely.

There are a few things to try first though, which may help get your phone and car working together again, Try going to Settings > Bluetooth > look under Paired Devices, and click on the settings/cog wheel to the right of the connection name. Try unchecking some of the settings, and work your way up one by one, (Starting with the option for bluetooth call streaming services) to see if the connection remains stable. (I apologize if these steps differ from what is visible on your phone.) Let us know the answer to the questions above, and if this troubleshooting step helped. Thank you kim123456789.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kim123456789

Thanks for responding.

I have a 2013 Honda Accord.  I have had my car for over 14 months and have not had any problems until a few weeks ago.  While talking in my car via Bluetooth the call will drop from Bluetooth and the call is sent to my cell phone speaker and when I try to talk to the person on "speaker phone" they can't hear me.  Then from my cell phone, I "TRANSFER" the call back to Bluetooth and then it works fine until it gets dropped again.  This happens on every phone call for the last several weeks.  Another issue that has just started.  NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE UNTIL A FEW WEEKS AGO, on the main screen when I touch the "microphone" symbol for Google to speak my search, SOMETIMES and NOT all the time it speaks through my car speakers as I'm on Bluetooth.  It shows I'm attempting to dial a number although a number doesn't show up it just makes a sound for me to speak.  Shouldn't this happen EVERYTIME and not just once in a while?  Why did it just start

and hasn't done this in over the last year since I've had the car?

You asked me to go to: Settings > Bluetooth > look under Paired Devices, and click on the settings/cog wheel to the right of the connection name. Try unchecking some of the settings, and work your way up one by one, (Starting with the option for bluetooth call streaming services) to see if the connection remains stable.

There was nothing for me to uncheck.

I'm just very frustrated at this point.  I've had nothing but troubles from this phone and can honestly say this is the worst phone I've ever had in my version history.

Help!

Kim

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for these additional details, kim123456789. Thank you for attempting these steps.

What is the make and model of your Android phone?

Some phones can have these additional steps hidden in sub menus, if they are available.

When you attempted these steps, was your phone connected via your cars Bluetooth system?

I look forward to working with you in finding a resolution.
Take care, and may you have a great weekend.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kim123456789

RAZR m and I tried inside my car connected and in my house not connected to Bluetooth.

I would really like something to happen soon as I do used this phone and Bluetooth for work. These issues continuing to happen everyday!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

0 Likes
mawm2004

I have a Maxx and it has worked flawlessly with my cars, my house phone until about a month ago.  One day it was fine (BT Audio every day, cell calls every day), then next day I'm talking and the call drops off the car speaker to my cell phone (in my purse in the back seat) but not on "speaker".  So at first I think the call was dropped completely.  Then as I try to call the person back, suddenly they are back on the car speakers.  I felt like we were all playing ping pong.  Back & forth from car speaker to cell the call would go, but call was never dropped.

I finally turned the BT off completely, took car to Honda dealer.  All tests came out fine.  Read about uninstalling Google Chrome Updates to fix this issue so I tried that.  Actually worked for a short while, but I found out the Chrome updates were automatic.  So I had to figure out how to stop the auto updates for chrome.  It is still happening now, but the BT audio works fine (audio books).  What is going on??  Fix this please

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mawm2004,

Let's see if we can get that working for you again. Go to the PlayStore and touch the menu icon in the upper right corner and touch Settings. Disable "Auto-update apps." Then uninstall the Google Chrome updates. Unpair the devices, delete the phone from the car kit's internal memory and turn the car off, wipe the cache partition http://vz.to/1hGwrPS , turn the car back on and re-pair the phone.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes