bluetooth and voice dialing
pbr276

I purchased a shiny new droid!!!  It works great on the internet!!!!!  Applications work great!!!!!!  Sync my bluetooth!!!!   What it doesn't voice dial from a headset?????? How can that be.  Droid does Right??? Wrong.  Customer service couldn,t understand why this is a problem.  Iexplained over and over again that making a phone call is too commplicated when driving.  That unlocking and dialing the phone is not safe.  They agreed after a while.  Then how is it the phone doesnt play well with bluetooth??? Why arent we told that before we purchase the PHone???????  The cheapest piece of garbage phone voice dials why not the flagship???? And why isnt anyone angry ????  This device is a phone first and foremost.  I accept that calling on a touch screen device is a little harder.  So Verizon stop saying your sorry and either advertise that your tiffany phone doesnt work well with bluetooth or fix the fu$#ing problem already.

0 Likes
Re: bluetooth and voice dialing
droidsux

You obviously have not seen any of my posts....

Just wait until to try to hang it up.

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

there is a Voice Dialer app you can get that will allow you to press the external camera button, say a command and then transfer the call to your bluetooth.

you can purchase the app use it within your first 24 hours and if you dont like it then you can return it at no cost

0 Likes
DFXmobile

willanaya wrote:

there is a Voice Dialer app you can get that will allow you to press the external camera button, say a command and then transfer the call to your bluetooth.

you can purchase the app use it within your first 24 hours and if you dont like it then you can return it at no cost

willanya, thank  you for the mention. The app is Voice Dialer HF (hands-free), and it is $4 in Android Market. Many questions are answered in our FAQ.

It unfortunately does not make Bluetooth "just work." We can't get access to the BT "voice dial" button, so we use the camera button instead. Also, as willanya notes, we transfer to the BT device only after having the "which number?" conversation with the user. All in all, this still allows users to make calls from their cars without ever looking at or touching the screen.

We have thousands of users and are well rated. Verizon store employees frequently refer customers to us. Even so, this is not a general fix; those that want/need phone-in-pocket dialing will not be able to use us. We look forward to Google re-enabling the BT voice dial command in their stack.

Regards,

DFXmobile

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

DFXmobile wrote:

willanaya wrote:

willanya, thank  you for the mention. The app is Voice Dialer HF (hands-free), and it is $4 in Android Market. Many questions are answered in our FAQ.

It unfortunately does not make Bluetooth "just work." We can't get access to the BT "voice dial" button, so we use the camera button instead. Also, as willanya notes, we transfer to the BT device only after having the "which number?" conversation with the user. All in all, this still allows users to make calls from their cars without ever looking at or touching the screen.

We have thousands of users and are well rated. Verizon store employees frequently refer customers to us. Even so, this is not a general fix; those that want/need phone-in-pocket dialing will not be able to use us. We look forward to Google re-enabling the BT voice dial command in their stack.

Regards,

DFXmobile

thanks for the clarifications. much more info than mine :smileyhappy:

i for one know where my camera button is so do i have to search my phone for the button, no.

if my hand falls below the dashboard, do you think the police are saying "I wonder if he is pressing his camera button so he can access that cool program Voice Dialer HF? if so, maybe i will just ticket him now for touching his phone, which is probably a cool Motorola Droid that has numerous apps like google goggles, google skymaps, rimshot, ghost radar, and calvin and hobbes, but not to mention Documents to Go, FBreader, Google maps, and golf handicap, man i wish i had one of those....wait, where'd he go? Darn it, he's gone. oh well, hey is that a HTC Eris user, i hate them they should have bought a Motorola Drod, I'll ticket them instead."

sorry, i was rambling on.

but really, you are just pressing a camera button, not the screen.

0 Likes
pbr276

I have this app.  You also need an app called button shortcuts(free) that links this app to your camera button.  THat said once the phone locks automatically the button no longer works.  However if you have the car dock it does. Hope this helps and I hope the **bleep** at verizon who thold me "we dont make the phones" get on motorola and google to come up with a better solution quickly.  

P>S> if you call and complain enough they might credit your account the $4 for the app.  Thats what I did!!

0 Likes
D_Dinmont

I just purchased my Droid a couple of weeks ago. I've been going nuts trying to figure out how to make voice dialing work. Thanks for the discussion here.  I find it interesting that Verizon tried to sell me a closeout Bluetooth set at a deep discount.  I thought I had purchased it but since I can't find it, maybe I was smart enough to decline the offer.

0 Likes
john5152
Enthusiast - Level 3

hmm, why doesnt verzon or motorola, google or whome ever is responsible to making the customer happy  eat the cost of 4 bucks for an app that will enable the motodroid to voice dial hands free!!! so that i can enjoy what is the primary reasonwhy i got this phone, "droid does!" correct?  Right now my "DRoid Doesnt" have hands free bluetooth. I payed over 300 for this BUT a $35 phone has this and it works?  Verizon will you fix this  now? buy everyone that 4 doller app that was supposed to be included in the droid. im going on a rode trip tomorrow and would like to have full use of my phone and its capabilitys.

0 Likes