Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
folders and apps
tdipasqua

How come when I move an app into a folder,  it still remains on the desktop?   I want to orgainzed my desktop and limted the number of apps, that is why i thought folders would be the way to go.      is there a way to delete the app from the desktop and have it remain in the folder ?

0 Likes
Re: folders and apps
logicman
Contributor

What appears on your desktop are shortcuts. With the folder closed, if you touch and hold a shortcut that resides on your desktop and drag it to the folder, it should move rather than copy the shortcut to the folder. However, if there are shortcuts on your desktop you no longer wish to see, touch and hold then drag them to the garbage can that will appear at the bottom of the screen. If you open a folder before placing a new shortcut, the shortcut will be placed directly in the folder.

0 Likes