global phone
kmiller57

my verizon global phone won't work.  Who can I email for help??  can someone from verizon call me??....I CAN"T call out ....I am receiving text messages and I think I can receive since I had a missed call.

0 Likes
Re: global phone
kmiller57

my phone is not a droid....I don't know where else to post this plea for help!!!

0 Likes
budone
Legend

kmiller57 wrote:

my verizon global phone won't work.  Who can I email for help??  can someone from verizon call me??....I CAN"T call out ....I am receiving text messages and I think I can receive since I had a missed call.

It would be best to call Verizon 800-922-0402  (Option 3) from a different phone, so they can troubleshoot the phone. They are unable to do so if you are on the phone.

What do you hear when you attempt to call out. Can you call *228? If so choose option 1

0 Likes
kmiller57

I don't have another phone to call out on....I have a computer.  Doesn't Verizon have an online help desk or someone I can email?  How about Skype? *228 did not work.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Do you have a neighbor or a friend with a cell phone? Try a battery pull also, while the phone is on. Wait a minute, replace and power the phone back up.

Again do you hear ANY message or tones, (fast busy) when you attempt to call out? What is your signal strength?

As for online, there is a 'contact us' button in the upper right hand corner you can write to. I think they will tell you the same thing I did which is call from another phone. And I have never found an online chat function on here.

0 Likes
kmiller57

thank you for your help.

I don't have access to a phone ...I don't know anyone here in germany (it's 630pm locally)

the battery is fine

after attempting to make a call I hear "the number you are dialing is not assigned"

0 Likes
kmiller57

I do not hear any ring tones or dialing etc....

when I recieve a text the phone makes a noice

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. IS the SIM Card Verizons (Vodaphone) or a local providers you picked up? Did this start when you arrived in Germany?

I know for my non SIM Card phone I have to activate international calling before going out of the country to allow me to make and receive calls. I don;t know if that is required on a global phone.  UPDATE, I found this:

"Are there any equipment or service requirements for Global Phone?

Simply purchase a Global Ready Phone with a pre-installed SIM Card, and add International Service to your calling plan and we will provide you with a Global Literature Kit to assist you with making and receiving calls while traveling outside of the United States."
Also Germany is not on their list of countries you can call from.  Link. I wonder if you purchased a local SIM card if you allow you to make calls, but you would have a number from Germany.
0 Likes
kmiller57

it says vodaphone.de when I open up the phone.  This phone was provided to me (for a fee) to replace my regular cell phone while I'm out of the country.  I arrived yesterday...I had received texts and only just a short while ago tried to call home to check my voice mail in my office.  I did have to activate it prior to leaving the states...I think that it was done improperly...I guess.  I CAN't believe there is not a chat/help desk or at least someone I can email.

0 Likes
kmiller57

....other than you of course  :smileywink:

I have a feeling I'm going to be stuck....that they won't be able to help me remotely. 

0 Likes