Re: global phone
budone
Legend

Click here and see what they may be able to do. But with Germany not on the list of countries you can call from.... I don't know.

Let me know what they say! I am sorry I don't have alot to offer.

Oh and let me add this it may work.

"The most economical way to use your US or Canadian phone (if it indeed has the correct bands) is to remove the SIM card (the chip in the phone giving you service) and insert a new, German SIM card. This will give you a new German phone number and you will be able to take advantage of the local rates - including unlimited free incoming calls. Make sure you ask your carrier for the unlock code, (That can be done over there if they give you the info and it may already be unlocked) so that your phone can accept another SIM card and service. You can get a local SIM card in "ermany once you arrive, or prior to your departure. It may be more convenient getting it before you leave, since you will then have the new number to give to people before your trip. There are several telecom companies in Germany that offer Pay As You Go plans using scratch cards or "top-up" cards. These "Cards" are available in many locations. It is even possible, in some cases, to "top up" over the internet. Ortel, for example, offers rates specifically designed for the tourist and foreign nationals living in Germany. With Ortel calls back to the US and Canada are only 0.09 Euros per minute or about US$0.13."

0 Likes
kmiller57

I am going to see if I can get another sim card to work in this phone...that is a good suggestion IF I can get the unlock code

Thank you again...you've been terrific...do you work for verizon??.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

It may be unlocked already if they knew you were going to Germany. We can Hope! :smileyvery-happy:

And if the phone is unlocked,  the rates to call back here is much less with a local SIM card.. Verizon typically charges, 1.99 and higher a minute in countries where they do offer service.

No, I am not a Verizon employee.I wouldn't mind being one though as all the positions I have held have been helping and serving the public on a daily basis for 37 years. I have been unemployed for over a year and one who is not eligible for unemployment due to owning a business the prior 4 years.

Let me know the outcome!

0 Likes