help with chrome
AZSALUKI
Legend

im'sure this is not where i should post this, but didn't know where to? i prefer chrome to ie explorer. however, when i went to this site today via chrome, this is what it looks like:

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: help with chrome
AZSALUKI
Legend

well now it works just fine again. it's the strangest thing???

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

can anyone help....or even view the attachment? i'm pretty dim with this stuff (as evidenced by the fact that i couldn't properly emded the pic??? lol), but i cleared the cahce, browsing history etc.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
AZ, is your memory failing? You posted in this thread too.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Suggestions-for-this-Community/Community-main-page-broken-in-Chrome/td-p...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i knew i had issues a few months back and thought there was a thread somewhere, but wasn't sure....and it never got resolved in the other thread. it eventually just quit messing up, but it doesn't appear that anyone ever knew why it was doing this or how to fix it? and now it's happening again. i guess i'm stuck with ie explorer for a while  :smileysad:

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

This isnt a browser issue completely because IE has the same issue, this usually happens when is having a comunnication issue and does not map the information correctly on the page, the best way is to allow page to load and when you see the information to debug tithe information, allow it because this usually sends a notice to the site manager that allows them to know that the page is experiancing script issues....  Most developers can resolve in about a day, how long have you experianced this issue?

Now once in a while this can happen do to the browser, try opening IE and see if page displays the same way...

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend
Iit displays fine in ie. It just started doing this yesterday. A few months back I had the same issue so o just used ie for a few weeks to access the forums. I eventually tried chrome again and it worked so I never did figure it out or fix it myself. The problem with ie is that in order to post, you have to hit the compatibility mode icon EVERY time you post to a different topic. I'll just use my phone for now since it works better than chrome or ie.....lol
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Hopefully the site developers will soon go back to a standard format that will make it so viewing a web site doesnt have to be a hit and miss situation.. :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend
Just thought of something on this subject... Are you accessing from a bookmark by chance and have you tried clearing browsers cache? This can cause this also..
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

Wildman wrote:
Just thought of something on this subject... Are you accessing from a bookmark by chance and have you tried clearing browsers cache? This can cause this also..

yeah....deleted the bookmark, cleared browsing history, cache, etc, etc. one of the mods told me i could add the site to the list of sites that will always show in compatibility mode in IE9 (so far, nobody has a solution where i could use chrome)....but i can't even figure that out. the steps provided were "from the full menu bar in IE9" go to tools, accesibilty options (or something to that effect), and add this site.  however, i can't find "accessibility options anywhere in IE9? i have the icon that will switch the particular page i am on to compatibility mode, but as soon as i go to another post, i have to click it again to type anything. i knew IE9 had issues (which is one of the many reasons i prefer chrome), but now they are both fairly useless for the forums.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Are you stuck on Chrome, I am using Firefox 3.6.17 without any issues, I havent worked up the energy to deal with version 4.0.1 update yet,,,

0 Likes