how do you delete apps?
rjg

I've tried the long press and a drag to the wastebasket.  That works if the app is only on the first page.

But if it is on a later page, the long press creates a second icon on the first page, and that one gets deleted but the original one on the subsequent page is still there.

Thanks,

Bob

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do you delete apps?
elaurel99
Enthusiast - Level 3

Another way to delete apps from the Droid is: 

Applications Page---->Settings---->Applications---->Manage Applications---->Select application you wish to delete---->Click the uninstall button

This will work for any of the apps that YOU downloaded from the Android Marketplace that you either paid for or obtained for free.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

well bob this is what you do.

click on the "Market' icon

at the bottom of the phone, click on the "menu" button

you should see three options : search, downloads, and help

click on the download

then a list of all the apps you installed should be listed

click on the app you want to get rid of

after the page loads you will see the options: open and uninstall

pick the uninstall (hopefully you already figured this out but i had to say it for legal reasons)

your app is now gone

note:

-you cannot get rid of the apps that came pre-installed on the phone

-if it is past 24 hours since you purchased an app, it is yours. you can delete it but it will remain on your phone because it is yours

elaurel99
Enthusiast - Level 3

Another way to delete apps from the Droid is: 

Applications Page---->Settings---->Applications---->Manage Applications---->Select application you wish to delete---->Click the uninstall button

This will work for any of the apps that YOU downloaded from the Android Marketplace that you either paid for or obtained for free.

0 Likes
rjg

Thank you both so much for taking the time to help.  I really appreciate it.

Bob

0 Likes
Re: how do you delete APS?
jonesjen1970

So I have to have all this crap that came on my phone??? Like corporate calendar and Amazon something...?

0 Likes
Re: how do you delete APS?
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

jonesjen1970 wrote:

So I have to have all this crap that came on my phone??? Like corporate calendar and Amazon something...?

apparently yes :smileysad:
0 Likes
transporter1
Enthusiast - Level 1

are you talking about on vcast manger

0 Likes
transporter1
Enthusiast - Level 1

i have block buster on my phone and cant delete it, it did come with the phone but there has to be a way to get it gone. also

have a stock program from yahoo that's really stubborn  and wont delete ore uninstall, is there any programs out there that can get the job done. thanks john

0 Likes