launchers
leader0101
Enthusiast - Level 3

exactly how many are there out there to download to an android phone?

the main ones i keep hearing about is adw and launcher pro and some about helix but apparently there is some more that i haven heard of.

is there i a list of them somewhere that i can look at or do you have to have the market on your phone to see what is available?

also is a launcher neccessary at all or is it just to change the look and the accessability of the phone?

thanks

0 Likes
Re: launchers
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Launchers are not necessary, but some of them do have additional features added, as well as the ability to download and apply themes.  I personally use ADW, mainly because it's free, but I have heard that Launcher Pro is one of the best out there.  If you go to  Appbrain, you can search and view all apps in the android market.  

0 Likes
ranl
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried ADW, but went back to stock (touchwiz). I wasn't getting any notification (Email/SMS) with ADW.

0 Likes
leader0101
Enthusiast - Level 3

alright so the launchers are just something fun to put on your phone to make it look good and maybe make things easier to navigate? thats kool

so is there anything that a person should keep in mind when using these launchers, like i read on launcher pro website it said you hae to clear the cache for messages and stuff once a week or something like that.

also, with the ability to reduce the screen numbers down to 1 or 2, it doesnt help at all with the performance of the phone?

0 Likes