message+ desktop app crashes when typing in it
staggalicous

I use the message+ desktop app on my laptop which used to run windows 8.1 and now runs windows 10. It has always worked great on my laptop, however it hasnt on my desktop with which i am posting from right now. It used to be a windows 7 machine until I upgraded it to windows 10 last night. I always assumed that it just didn't work properly with windows 7 since it is a new application,. however when updating to windows 10 it still does the same thing.

In a nutshell what it does is crashes every time i type in any text box in the application. As soon as i type something, a command line screen shows up and runs a program with the word debugging in it and the window is closed. I have managed to log into it somehow when it was still windows 7 but I have never been able to send a message because of this, although i can receive and read messages.

Does anyone have this same problem or have any insight as to what might be causing it?

0 Likes
Re: message+ desktop app crashes when typing in it
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

staggalicous - We want you to be able to use your app. Let's get you using the Message + app. Have you uninstalled the app and then re installing it? We recommend checking your security settings to make sure they are not blocking the application access. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SFJ1

I have same problem with Windows 10. Your suggestions did not work. Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you reaching out to us with regards to the Messaging + desktop app, SFJ1. This would definitely have me concerned too, especially after upgrading to a new operating system.

It is very possible that this version of the application is not yet fully compatible with Windows 10, as it was just released. Have you tried changing the programs Compatibility Mode if available? Go to the Desktop Applications .exe file and right click on it. If the compatibility options are not readily viewable, try clicking on Properties, and compatibility options should be there.

Please let us know if this helps.

Also, are you able to use the web app? Please log in here to check:

http://spr.ly/6587B1dl5

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes