Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
need a good app killer app
atmdevoted

what is the best app killer app thats been used preferably free or cheap.

0 Likes
Re: need a good app killer app
crb79

I use Advanced Task Killer and I like it.  They have a free version.

0 Likes
roadhunter

I agree with BOTB.  No reason to look any further than Advanced Task Killer.  It's free, will retain the settings as to which apps you wish to kill, and will even kill them automatically on a timed bases, on when your memory hits a certain percentage.  Forget trying to kill Voice Commands, though...that thing won't die!

0 Likes
phonehome

The Advanced Killer Apps, even Free does not stop Apps from loading, even after you Kill Apps that are checked, go back a screen or to Home, and then Return, the same App has reloaded, even though at the top says Auto-Kill: On

So you spend more time Killing Apps, that you cannot uninstalled/delete/remove/kick to the curb.    And if this was such a great Phone the Droid Incredible, why 16,288 posts between 2 topics.

One day instead of 16,000 or more people having to waste their time to ask how to resolve an issue about any device, why doesn't OEM post the Answer for each known issue.  So every one is not writing the same question or I have the same problem, cut to the chase Verizon, HTC or Motorola etc.

I had nothing better to do with my free time....Doc

0 Likes
crb79

ATK has an autokill feature that kills apps @ a certain time frame.  I have ATK paid version and after I kill apps, I can go to home screen and return and those apps are still gone.  True after a few minutes some start back up, but mine is set for Crazy with a time frame of every time the screen turns off.

Also, did you use your phone number as a user name?  If so I'd look into changing that as these pages are viewable to everyone on the internet and a data crawler will quickly add that number to spam call lists.

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Novice
You need advanced task killer FROYO not the regular one. regular one causes low battery life.
0 Likes
phonehome

Its not my fault my phone number was used, it is how Verizon is setup between Forums/Community and My Verizon Wireless UserID and Passwords.  If I recall to register for the Forum/Community your pw can only be 6 characters, while my VZW is 10 characters long.

And since I use Norton Internet Security 2011 along with Identity Safe/SafeWeb, not everything goes as planned.   I have over 25 yrs experience with PC's...and about a zillion usernames and passwords and about every site has something different about Usernames/ID can be and the same of passwords.

Then the other issue is that you cannot Delete a Forum/Community login account or change the UserID, in my case from the phone number to a text Username ID.  And Verizon Wireless allows you to log in your account with your phone number.

Also, as I went checking My Settings for the VZW Community, under Personal Profile > IM Screen Names > for ICQ, my phone number appears and how/why I have no idea.  And when I tried to remove it, Save Changes, it would automatically reappear.

So after about an hour on the phone with Verizon explaining my dilemma about the phone number and having read another post different topic by an Administrator of Verizon, I obviously missed something in the steps in registering for the VZ Forum/Community.

Not to mention you have a different pw for billing, pw for login to My VZW and somehow since I was logged in to My VZW already, which as I said you can use your phone number as a UserID, something now I see should not be allowed.

And so the End User, is left to fend for themselves and figure out how to unravel this issues, glitches by companies & their web sites.  I have/had the same problem with Qwest and why I now use Verizon, issues with SBC Global and now these issues with VZW.

Qwest offered Bundle & Save, so I had Wireless, Satellite and Internet...well just after I upgraded my Qwest wireless phone, Qwest decided to drop Wireless and left me with a new phone I could not do anything with and was allowing Qwest to flip over to Verizon.  Qwest Internet Service sucks big time, as my location does not allow fast internet service due to my location, as told me by one of their Tech making a house call.

So for a year I was paying for something I would never get, as Sales does not know what Tech's know.  However, Qwest keeps sending mail advertisements saying Up to 7Mbps, or Fiber Optic  Up to 20Mbps, key words are Up To, so if you are paying for 7Mbps and receiving 2.2 Mbps, that is consider Up to the 7, which the 2.2 is unstable and your connection drops frequently.  So the Tech downgraded me to 1.5Mbps, otherwise I would of had to pay dearly if I made the change breaking the contract.

So yes we live and learn, even at age 63...I can go on and on how HP, Kodak and others have ripped the consumer off, in this case me.  On my 5th system board for the HP dv6000 and now there is a class action lawsuit.

To little too late...Appreciate the reply and not much I can do about the number, once its out there its any ones and I only know that scenario and unwanted calls too well.  I have several e-mail accounts, am a webmaster with umpteen web sites, and work on & servicing computers, Internet, Networking...my first Smartphone HTC Incredible and not liking how it works...thanks again, appreciate your time in replying and pointing out a Big Mistake ha ha....DroidFireDoc

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

phonehome wrote:

Its not my fault my phone number was used, it is how Verizon is setup between Forums/Community and My Verizon Wireless UserID and Passwords.  If I recall to register for the Forum/Community your pw can only be 6 characters, while my VZW is 10 characters long.Not true, I have the same 8 character password for both. I have offered the forum ideas on how to not allow a number to be entered, but as of now, they have not done anything with it.

And since I use Norton Internet Security 2011 along with Identity Safe/SafeWeb, not everything goes as planned.   I have over 25 yrs experience with PC's...and about a zillion usernames and passwords and about every site has something different about Usernames/ID can be and the same of passwords.

Then the other issue is that you cannot Delete a Forum/Community login account or change the UserID, in my case from the phone number to a text Username ID.  And Verizon Wireless allows you to log in your account with your phone number.

Also, as I went checking My Settings for the VZW Community, under Personal Profile > IM Screen Names > for ICQ, my phone number appears and how/why I have no idea.  And when I tried to remove it, Save Changes, it would automatically reappear.

So after about an hour on the phone with Verizon explaining my dilemma about the phone number and having read another post different topic by an Administrator of Verizon, I obviously missed something in the steps in registering for the VZ Forum/Community.

Not to mention you have a different pw for billing, pw for login to My VZW and somehow since I was logged in to My VZW already, which as I said you can use your phone number as a UserID, something now I see should not be allowed.I never thought about that, but phone description is not an auto filled area, it is strictly optional.

And so the End User, is left to fend for themselves and figure out how to unravel this issues, glitches by companies & their web sites.  I have/had the same problem with Qwest and why I now use Verizon, issues with SBC Global and now these issues with VZW.

Qwest offered Bundle & Save, so I had Wireless, Satellite and Internet...well just after I upgraded my Qwest wireless phone, Qwest decided to drop Wireless and left me with a new phone I could not do anything with and was allowing Qwest to flip over to Verizon.  Qwest Internet Service sucks big time, as my location does not allow fast internet service due to my location, as told me by one of their Tech making a house call.

So for a year I was paying for something I would never get, as Sales does not know what Tech's know.  However, Qwest keeps sending mail advertisements saying Up to 7Mbps, or Fiber Optic  Up to 20Mbps, key words are Up To, so if you are paying for 7Mbps and receiving 2.2 Mbps, that is consider Up to the 7, which the 2.2 is unstable and your connection drops frequently.  So the Tech downgraded me to 1.5Mbps, otherwise I would of had to pay dearly if I made the change breaking the contract.

So yes we live and learn, even at age 63...I can go on and on how HP, Kodak and others have ripped the consumer off, in this case me.  On my 5th system board for the HP dv6000 and now there is a class action lawsuit.

To little too late...Appreciate the reply and not much I can do about the number, once its out there its any ones and I only know that scenario and unwanted calls too well.  I have several e-mail accounts, am a webmaster with umpteen web sites, and work on & servicing computers, Internet, Networking...my first Smartphone HTC Incredible and not liking how it works...thanks again, appreciate your time in replying and pointing out a Big Mistake ha ha....DroidFireDoc

0 Likes
crb79

No worries, I see you got your username fixed.  This being a Peer to Peer help/discussion forum we try to look out for each other when we can.  I've had to change my number before because somehow every telemarketer and their Cousins got it.  Nothing like answering your phone 20+ times in a day and not a single call being worth the minutes used.  At least VZW does offer to wave the number change fee if they can see proof in their call logs.

I also have a 3y/o so I'm constantly reminded not to look to deep into things.

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

crb79 wrote:

No worries, I see you got your username fixed.  This being a Peer to Peer help/discussion forum we try to look out for each other when we can.  I've had to change my number before because somehow every telemarketer and their Cousins got it.  Nothing like answering your phone 20+ times in a day and not a single call being worth the minutes used.  At least VZW does offer to wave the number change fee if they can see proof in their call logs.

I also have a 3y/o so I'm constantly reminded not to look to deep into things.

Online you can change your number for free. No questions asked.

0 Likes