Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nfl mobile wifi broke
juxtapositions

i have a droid x that i am using nfl mobile on. I can receive a live feed (watch games, programs,etc..) when i have wifi disabled but after I enable wifi I just get the spinning v and after a few minutes it says it cant connect to the nfl network. All other applications work fine with wifi.

It's a little frustrating because i paid the $10 for vcast just so I could see the games however it is very blocky over 3g. Anyone have any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: nfl mobile wifi broke
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

I think you are the first person I have seen who has to pay to get the NFL Network. When did you add the app to your phone....  Also are you able to go elsewhere when you have WiFi on? I had the channel on last night with WiFi.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

i believe you can get the nfl app for no charge, but it blacks out the live games and some other programming unless you get vcast. it is odd though that you're having truoble with wifi when you try to use nfl because one should have nothing to do with the other? have you tried connecting to wifi and then launching the app?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

i guess not. now when i go into the app it wants me to upgrade and it will not go further unless i do. i had heard that if you had the old version, then you'd sort of be grandfathered in (but now for the new full version). i guess my version is not old enough?

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

When did you last update the app? A new version came out earlier this month. That's why you are getting the screen to update.The only live games that are blacked out is if the game is your local team playing at home. Games are shown Thursdays (if there is one) and Sunday night. I still get it free.

But the NFL RedZone channel is great on Sunday afternoons.

I thought VZ decided to let all have a free year of it. The grandfathering was no longer applicable.

0 Likes
juxtapositions

Thank you for the replies. I just received my phone on Tuesday and downloaded the NFL app on Wednesday. Other applications seem to work well with the wifi, I noticed a considerable speed increase with wifi. I had to pay for vcast to get live data, it was never a free option for me. I have tried to turn on the app and then wifi, turn on wifi and then the app, and run it in 3g only. The following behaviors have been exibited:

1.) Turing on wifi and the app

The app will not get past the introduction screen, it indicates it can not connect to the NFL network

2.) Turning on the app and then wifi

The app works until the wifi is turned on. Once wifi is turned on the app works unless trying a live feed. When trying live feeds it indicates it cannot connect to the NFL network.

3.) 3G mode only

The app is able to start and view live video hwoever the video is 4:3 and choppy.

0 Likes
CaseyLand

I have a similar problem as well and it is not just the NFL app but V Cast Video in general.  The NFL app that uses V Cast will not work at home going through Wi-Fi on my Cox ISP but works with 3G just fin3.  If I use the Wi-Fi at work through Quest it works as it supposed too and no issues.  I called Verizon and Cox and both said it should work and talk to the other because it is their issue, so in other words the tech support at both places don't have a clue.  I get access to my internet, log into my computer, stream YouTube and everything else just fine but no love on V Cast.  I've read a few other places of people that have this same issue but still I haven't found any suggestions on how to fix it or even where to look.  I've checked my port settings and as far as VZW is concerned it goes through port 80.

So if anyone out there has a good suggestion or maybe a PC setting (XP) that maybe blocking this I would love to hear from you.

0 Likes