Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plankton malware/virus
nla2tla

today i received an update notitication for the facebook app, and when i went to download it, the dr web popped up a message saying it found a thing called plankton..asking if i was sure i wanted to download. my fingers got too close to yes, and on it went . shortly after downloading my 3g coverage kept turning off, and then a few hours after that my phone completely shut down and will not turn back on. im almost positive that its got something to do with the update and plankton virus or malware, or whatever it is. anyway, i just want to put this out there so no one else downloads this and has the problems. going to call tech support tomorrow and see what they can do..hopefully they can get me back up and running and i dont have to get a whole new phone. 

0 Likes
Re: plankton malware/virus
Wildman
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

At the moment there isnt much info on this item but the little information reports that this seems to be a Facebook item and there has been reports of not being able to remove this item.... User stated that they have tried clearing cache, reboot, Hard Reset and even format sd card to try to remove with no luck..

From information floating around the web you most likely have to have device reflashed or replaced to get rid of this issue...  You might want to backup data before taking to store to have looked at because they might try hard resetting..

Good Luck..

0 Likes
Re: plankton malware/virus
reallyniceguy
Novice
odd problem. Viruses dont really excist on these phones. These phones are made of a LINUX operating system and viruses dont excist. However you can download an app that fwds your information over. Whenever an app gives you problems you can uninstall it or do a master reset. Anti virus have been known to block certain features of the phones. I would recommend uninstall facebook and reinstall. Then uninstall antivirus and see what it does. DROID SECURITY is a known anti virus app that causes phones to crash. Look out works pretty well however I have seen some phones features like 3 or 4g get accidentaly blocked by the anti virus. Dont download apps that have less than 3 stars. Make sure all apps come from market or a known place such as amazon app store. 90% of android problems are app related.
0 Likes