Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
recommended specific apps.
ScttLee

Any suggestions for the following apps? (if available).  Droid X

audio player that has a timer.

good ebook reader and where to get the books.

torrent downloader

some sort of virus of file protection app for finances

accounting app.

Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions.

0 Likes
Re: recommended specific apps.
crb79

ScttLee wrote:

Any suggestions for the following apps? (if available).  Droid X

audio player that has a timer.

good ebook reader and where to get the books.

torrent downloader

some sort of virus of file protection app for finances

accounting app.

Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions.

1: MusicSleep is an app that has a timer that is compatible with most music players

2: The only ereader I've used is the Kindle app, and only the free books from amazon

3:  Torrent downloader:  This might be one you want to avoid as it violates your Terms and Conditions for Data use, and VZW seems pretty adamant on watching for this sort of activity.

4: As for Virus protection, Lookout Mobile Security is pretty good.  The main thing you need to becareful of to protect information is apps that you download that ask for access that they do not need.  There are many malicious apps in the marketplace that spam your phone with ads.  I would not be surprised if these same apps snoop your data as well.  

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert
2. Aldiko, tons of free books (mostly older classics); laputa (spell?), heard of it but have never used it; and nook, the Barnes & Noble app - free books here too plus you can side load other epub files to your sd card and read from the application

4. I agree with crb79 on this.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
crb79

Ann154 wrote:
2. Aldiko, tons of free books (mostly older classics); laputa (spell?), heard of it but have never used it; and nook, the Barnes & Noble app - free books here too plus you can side load other epub files to your sd card and read from the application

4. I agree with crb79 on this.

Good call on Nook, I've used that app as well on other devices and it worked nicely.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert
I also like that with the nook app combined with the latest firmware/software update on the actual nook a person can sync their progress in a book between devices. This is for books in their B&N library though.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ScttLee

Thanks all.

I tried Lookout on my Droid X and it immediatly started to have problems.  Programs force closing, error messages with market & browser and other programs that i have used, finaly locking up until battery removal.  after deleting lookout, things were .  Any other ideas on virus protection?

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert
Hmm... Never had any problems with Lookout before myself. Try a search of the Market for anti-virus. I know that there are others out there and have been around for a while. However I have not used them to recommend one or another.

0 Likes