small issue with droid 3- can anyone help?
viernes

Im sure its not even my phone, its either the way my account was set up or because my girlfriend and i just conjoined our accounts. Anyhow, we just did the fixing of the accounts yesterday and since then, i have received 2 messages: one saying "your number has used approx. 90% of the data allowance for bill cycle ending [tomorrow]" then a second one saying "your number has reached data allowance fo the bill cycle ending today. Check our website for more information." I did. the website, both mobile and on my home computer say i have only use .145 of 2GB. Not even half of it. My resolution is to ignore this message but if anyone could give me an education reason as to why this might be happening thatd be cool. thank you.

0 Likes
Re: small issue with droid 3- can anyone help?
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi viernes!

I would be concerned as well, if receiving those messages about your data use. However, from what you described in your posting, I have an idea as to what is going on.

Since you mentioned that you have just combined accounts, your usage may  be prorated. When combining accounts, your billing cycle may have changed. When this happens, proration can occur, which means the billing cycle is not for a full month, but split into two smaller billing cycles (part of the cycle on the previous account, and the rest of the cycle on the new account). In turn, less data may be allowed for the time frame in each of the smaller billing cycles, so the system sent you those messages. 

I would have to review the account in order to determine the exact cause of why this is happening. Feel free to send me a PM with your name and mobile number. I will be happy to review this for you. 

Thanks very much !

0 Likes