Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swype beta
AZSALUKI
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

is finally open again for supported android devices. go to beta.swype.com if you're interested in getting it on your device.

0 Likes
Re: swype beta
Wildman
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

I have been using it for about a week and it does have improvements over the original but it can not be installed on a stock unit because it requires you to uninstall the original version on unit...  I have it on my test unit and it does work well..

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert
I just wish the company would change their business model and have the apk on the Market for either a charge or a free trial version. If you get it preinstalled there is no way to update it. There is so much talk about fragmentation with Android OS and yet this application is shining example of when it goes wrong.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Ann154 wrote:
I just wish the company would change their business model and have the apk on the Market for either a charge or a free trial version. If you get it preinstalled there is no way to update it. There is so much talk about fragmentation with Android OS and yet this application is shining example of when it goes wrong.

I agree with this view but originally the Swype app was intended for specific devices so the market ideal wouldnt work but since they are making more version compatible they might consider this as a option.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader
I had never been able to try it and I have to say I am blown away at the speed and accuracy. I was also impressed at how quick you get the hang of it.
0 Likes