transfer video from computer to Droid?
tere12
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have some short personal videos on my computer that i'd like to transfer to my Droid.

How do I do that?

I know how to transfer pictures and audio from computer to Droid,

so I'm assuming it's very similar, but don't know *where* on my Droid I should

transfer my videos to.

Do I need to create a new folder for "videos?"

thanks!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: transfer video from computer to Droid?
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2
That's what I did. Just create a folder and put them there. Then download an app from the market called Astro File Manager. It allows you to easily navigate to and through the folders you've created and access your files. Works pretty slick. Depending on the file type, you may need to convert them first. I downloaded a program to my PC called DVD Catalyst Free. It has a setting specific for Droids and will convert your vids to an appropriate format. D Dave

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2
That's what I did. Just create a folder and put them there. Then download an app from the market called Astro File Manager. It allows you to easily navigate to and through the folders you've created and access your files. Works pretty slick. Depending on the file type, you may need to convert them first. I downloaded a program to my PC called DVD Catalyst Free. It has a setting specific for Droids and will convert your vids to an appropriate format. D Dave
0 Likes
tere12
Enthusiast - Level 3

thanks!

0 Likes
rushaugust8

I guess the DVD Catalyst Free's conversion speed is a little slow... And im used to using something called android video converter to convert various video even HD video(.MKV/.M2TS/.TP) to droid-friendly format .MP4, it is already optimized for output setting for android phone... Easy-to-use.

0 Likes
immobile2
Anyone come across a desent program that extracts DRM. For us who already paid for a video or movie like from itunes ?
0 Likes