undeletable apps
oobladoobladoo
There were a lot of apps that came with my phone and I don't have any use for them, yet they take up valuable space in memory. When I tried to uninstall them, they simply wouldn't let me. They are nonvital to the phone's function, ex. Myspace, skype, amazon etc. Is there anything I can do to get rid of these?
Regards
0 Likes
Re: undeletable apps
Squallfyr
Contributor - Level 3
Dude.....5MB outta 400MB isnt very Valueable. Your stuck with em, learn to make em invisible with your eyes like I do @.@
0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

The stock apps that come with the phone do NOT take up much memory or use the battery.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Sorry but there is no way to remove preinstalled apps from the device...

0 Likes
oobladoobladoo
Meh, isn't there some sort of command prompt on these things? They're basically computers, it seems that there should be a way even if one had to learn android platform code, to change basic functions and data that way.
0 Likes
CJREYES666
Contributor - Level 1

oobladoobladoo wrote:
Meh, isn't there some sort of command prompt on these things? They're basically computers, it seems that there should be a way even if one had to learn android platform code, to change basic functions and data that way.

Yes they are mini computer. Think at this point, have you ever used a computer with administrative rights you can access certain rights but not all including removing apps. As well I don't know how long you been using android but almost all android phones have been well we can really say that word here but you can go to xda forums and have more info, but if you do change that info you'll be voiding the phones warranty and if not careful even bricking your phone but its been a while since a read about some one actually bricking a phone.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Correct and to modify a device isnt as simple as simply opening a command prompter and typing a command and beside it will do just as CJREYES666 reported that it can void warrenty as well at breach TOS ro modify the device in the way required to remove any apps that is locked ro avoid you from removing it..

0 Likes