Re: verizon messaging and integrated messaging
hmu

Ok so once the app is reinstalled successfully it will automatically start showing me the text messages online again? Because right now there is just a link that say to use integrated messaging click here to get started and it refreshes and only shows me send a text... not like how it use to be with my old phone.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

To be clear, you have uninstalled the app from your current phone and reinstalled it and have opened it for the first time and accepted it as the default messaging app?  It may very well look and act a little different from your old phone.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I may have missed this but, what model phone did you have previously and what do you have presently?

0 Likes
hmu

I am referring to when I log in through verizons website

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You have to link that web app to the other messages via the android app.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

OK.  Try this in this order.  Uninstall the app from your CURRENT phone.  Then, reboot your phone.  Download it from the play store one more time and install it.  Choose it as the default messenger app.  Once the phone is registered (should be automatic) you should be able to see messages in the web app once it syncs.  I have NEVER gotten the web app to work consistently.  the desktop app worked better for me.  I have no idea what phone you came from or what phone you are on now, but if it was an Apple, then there may be an issue with iMessage and that's why it isn't working. 

hmu

Always and android. Ok I will try that. I will let you know if it works. I have one more question after I do all that will all my old messages from the other phone appear in my stock messaging app or only on the Verizon app?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Any messages you had prior on the old phone will not appear in your stock app on the new phone.  The verizon messages app "should" sync all your old messages.  You could save all your messages using an app to back them up and then transfer them via an app on the new phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hmu, that's an important missing clue! You will need to download the Verizon Messenger application again if you'd like to use it on your new device.

For more details regarding Verizon Messenger, click http://vz.to/1st7jNl 

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport