verizon messaging and integrated messaging
hmu

I had the app on my old phone with integrated messaging. When I got a new phone the integrated messaging wasn't working anymore. When I looked at all the stuff I figured out I had to download the messages app to my new phone, so I did. When I did it asked me if I want to use this as my default (on my Verizon phone) I said no and it kicked me out and won't let me go any further. The integrated messaging is still not working. Also when I get it to work I don't want my old messages on my new phone. How do I prevent that? Will they only show up in the Verizon app or will they show up in the factory text app that came with the phone as well?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: verizon messaging and integrated messaging
Snn5
Legend

OK.  Try this in this order.  Uninstall the app from your CURRENT phone.  Then, reboot your phone.  Download it from the play store one more time and install it.  Choose it as the default messenger app.  Once the phone is registered (should be automatic) you should be able to see messages in the web app once it syncs.  I have NEVER gotten the web app to work consistently.  the desktop app worked better for me.  I have no idea what phone you came from or what phone you are on now, but if it was an Apple, then there may be an issue with iMessage and that's why it isn't working. 

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

The messages show up in the currently activated and used phone's stock app and the Vzw app.  The old phone would only get the vzw app messages.  Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the vzw app so that you can start fresh with a new setup?

0 Likes
hmu

The new phone didn't have the app so I installed it. After I did that it asked me if I wanted to use it as my default app. I said no and it kicked me out of the app I tried this a couple of times. I don't have the old phone anymore. I had already set up integrated messaging on my old phone but when I got the new one I could no longer access my messages online anymore. Why is this?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Your old phone must still be a registered device with your Verizon messages.  Were you able to uninstall the Vzw Messages app and then reinstall so that you could start fresh?  You will need to select YES this time if it asks you to be the default app.

0 Likes
hmu

It is the same phone number just a different phone. It is no longer working I switched it out to the new phone. How does that affect me still seeing my messages on the actual website? What happens if I make it default can I change it back after?

Thanks

0 Likes
hmu

As far as the old phone goes, no I never uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I just turned the phone over and got the new phone. The new phone didn't have the app on it when I got it for some reason it wasn't in the phone as a default app I had to download it from the playstore. Does this help clarify?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Did you uninstall and reinstall the app from the CURRENT phone?

0 Likes
hmu

I uninstalled it but did not reinstall it on the new phone after it kicked me out multiple times because I wouldn't set it as my default. If I reinstall it will I be able to see my text messages on the web again? Or do I have to go through the process of setting up integrated messaging all over?

0 Likes
hmu

Also do I have to redo the whole integrated messaging as well?? I don't understand why it didn't just switch over when I switched phones....

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It integrates automatically supposedly.  Just takes over as the default app and then you can also use the desktop version or any other device with V messages and access across devices.  When you set it up you can go to your registered devices, either on the phone or on the desktop or web app and edit those devices, taking off or removing your old phone.  From this link you can get the android app, desktop app, and access the web app.  Verizon Messages - Verizon Wireless

0 Likes