114 updates
kshanama76530
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone does not want to cut on with back button.  Is there a fix for this? Have to push it several several times...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 114 updates
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What are you talking about?  Are you trying to say your back button isn't working?  What does that have to do with 114 updates?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kshanama76530
Enthusiast - Level 1

It worked fine before the updates....what do you think!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A system update doesn't consist of 114 separate updates.  The phone might optimize all the applications as part of an update whether the number of installed applications is 50 or 300 or anything in between.  114 individual updates usually only occur if you never update your applications or the phone was turned off for several months.

A system update shouldn't cause a hardware problem.

You should perform a system cache clear to remove any lingering code from the previous OS version.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to make sure all the phone's buttons are functioning, kshanama76530. Our friend Ann154 did have a great suggestion about clearing cache after updating applications or the phone itself. What make and model device do you have? Are you referring to there being 114 updates to different applications at once when this started? Does the back button give you difficulties in a particular application or section of your device?

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kshanama76530
Enthusiast - Level 1

LG G4 is the phone I have.

I am not sure about what types of update.... My phone said there were 114 updates being loaded. After it finished,

I push the back button to get the screen to light up (so I can swipe on front screen to use the phone), it doesn't. I have to push the button a lot of times. I cleared the cashe... it didn't work.

When someone calls, or my alarm goes off... it doesn't light up then either....

Any help is appreciated..

Shana L.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kshanama76350, thank you for all your patience during the troubleshooting.  Let’s keep working on this.  Based on the model phone you have tells me the updates were app related? It is interesting that this all started after the updates happened. Here is  another way to troubleshoot this issue: http://vz.to/1QAtGKR.  Keep us in the loop after you complete the steps.

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes