2.1 for Droid - fix for e-mail sync?
jheiste

Purchased the Droid 2 weeks ago and love it...except for the e-mail.  I use this device as my mobile office and previously had the BB 8830 World Edition. Love the Droid's huge screen and external keyboard (what made me choose it over Storm2), but I NEED to have consistent access to my e-mail.  Working with tech support, finally got rid of random errors by running IMAP instead of POP3, however, still having sync issues.

I have been told 2.1 will fix this issue.

1) is this true?

2) if so, any idea when Verizon will be sending it OTA?

I'm halfway to my 30 days, and need to know if I should hang in there or go back for the Storm2.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 2.1 for Droid - fix for e-mail sync?
Kitten_Call
Like to see the reply on this .. Have no issues with email,but not using for office. Might need to...let's see what they say Good question
0 Likes
Mickeym88
Been waiting since early Feb for 2.1 and no one knows for sure. I don't use my droid for work but my friend does and the touchdown app workd great. $10 and you're all set. To find out of 2.1 will address your problem look to a nexus 1 forum on the web as it is already running 2..1
0 Likes
REMilk

I have no problem with email sync.  Gmail syncs perfectly between my account and the Droid and my corporate mail (exchange server) also syncs fine.  I like that there are 2 apps to handle them as I prefer them to be separate.

I actually get my exchange mail sooner (a couple of seconds) on my Droid than on my PC.

Bob

0 Likes
mike6

You might consider CompanionLink which comes in a USB version and an unwired version which I am using.  I'm able to sync contacts and calendar between Outlook 2003 and Google Calendar and Gmail (contacts).  Syncing between Gmail and the Droid is pretty straight forward using the Sync options in Settings.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

We are currently on about week 3 or 4 since they said we would have the update by the end of the week.  Yeah longest week I have ever been through.  So for everyone waiting on those time tables saying the end of the quarter and all of that don't be holding your breath.  If we are waiting this long for end of the week imagine what end of the quarter will look like.  Everyone will be mad that they are just getting 2.1 when 3 is the current version.  Etc.  Yada Yada. 

Enjoy what you got cause there are no guarantees of updates.  Right now it has been said that everyone will get it but remains to be seen for everyone but N1 users. 

0 Likes