2.2 Update NOT good for ALLY
DJS727

So yah...My screen has been freezing up, SD card problems, text messaging problems, battery draining faster than ever before, phone has been shutting itself down...

Anyone else think the 2.2 update sucks??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 2.2 Update NOT good for ALLY
steveanderson13
Contributor - Level 2

No, it's probably because of some incompatibilities between the data you presently have on the phone and the 2.2.  You probably need some housecleaning with a factory/hard reset.  This will erase your texts and settings.  If you want to keep your texts, there are backup apps for that; so save everything you want first; then do the reset.  There may even be a backup for settings, I don't know.  Your purchased apps will be saved on Google.  You can backup your existing apps with astro and others.  You may have to update them if there is a conflict between an app and 2.2.  Let us know.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
steveanderson13
Contributor - Level 2

No, it's probably because of some incompatibilities between the data you presently have on the phone and the 2.2.  You probably need some housecleaning with a factory/hard reset.  This will erase your texts and settings.  If you want to keep your texts, there are backup apps for that; so save everything you want first; then do the reset.  There may even be a backup for settings, I don't know.  Your purchased apps will be saved on Google.  You can backup your existing apps with astro and others.  You may have to update them if there is a conflict between an app and 2.2.  Let us know.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Also, most task killers are not compatible with 2.2 so, if you are using one, you may want to think about disabling it.  Just a thought.

0 Likes
steveanderson13
Contributor - Level 2

Yes, thanks, that is probably a very good thought and thanks for giving it.  I wouldn't uninstall it because it is necessary in the rare case something is run amok and you have to kill it.  But for that you do not have to have it running and you do not need it to manage other programs.  So that in itself may solve the problem.  Just turn it off, leave it off, and just open it if another app is causing a big problem like not quitting or something.  Changing that habit first would be a lot easier than factory reset as a first option.

0 Likes
DJS727

I've done a factory reset. havent had any problems....yet. I also stay away from Task Killers, never used them and never will.

0 Likes
demiann

From everything (both positive and negative) I have read about this phone and others like it, you will probably always have to do a restore when you install a major update.

For instance, my iPod Touch had the older software when I first purchased it a year ago, when they came out with the newer ones and the new ISO 4, it told me that a software upgrade was available. After installing it, nothing worked correctly and after 3 days on the phone with Apple Tech Support (which was horrible. You can't do anything with them unless you file an internet case order first.. or so they tell you), I just decided to restore it! Problem solved!

I imagine that these "smart" phones just like my iPod have back-up options that will allow you to recover everything with little to no hassell. You just have to take the time to keep it synced and up to date whenever you add new apps. When something new comes out, restores are necessary. I have learned that. Just like when you do something on your computer, it shuts down and reboots. Its the same principle!

0 Likes
hollywoodS14

how do you do a factory/hard reset? im having battery issues also. i have turned off the task killer and still haveing issues.

0 Likes
Jstring
Enthusiast - Level 3

From your homescreen press the Menu button then go into Settings -> Privacy -> Factory Data Reset

0 Likes
CindyLynn122

I'm having the same problem. Right now I've got low storage icon & text message full icon. I've delted all texts & have deleted almost ALL of my apps & they are still there. I want to do a factory reset but I have pics that I want to keep. I can't seem to find the store to SD card on anything in the gallery. I'm so frustrated right now. I'm ready to scream!!!! I've only had 1 app that I could store to my SD card. Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
@CindyLynn
Are you sure that the pictures aren't already on the sd card? Last I knew the LG Ally doesn't have enough space to store pictures on the phone's internal memory. You can check by shutting down the phone and then take the card out. Then using a card reader on a computer check the contents of the sd card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes