Re: 30KB MMS Size Limit on RECEIVE only
nightwatchman15

I have the same issue and I have a pixel 3 bought FROM verizon. This just started happening a few weeks ago.  This is not an issue with the app as it happens with all messaging apps.  Starting to wonder why I switched to Verizon...

0 Likes
Verizon987

I have the same issue on a OnePlus 6T. The MMS I receive look just fine on Verizon's Messaging+ app, but on the Google Messages and stock messaging app any MMS is compressed to less than 30kbs.

0 Likes
Verizon987

I have the same issue on a OnePlus 6T. The MMS I receive look just fine on Verizon's Messaging+ app, but on the Google Messages and stock messaging app any MMS is compressed to less than 30kbs.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Verizon987, I love than taking pictures, we know that once you take the perfect picture, you want to send it without any glitches. To achieve this it's recommended to use Verizon branded devices. So that you are aware anytime you use a non-branded Verizon device like the OnePlus 6T many Verizon features are not supported. Overall, using Open Development devices, impact the overall user experience.

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes
timmyk465

Basically, Verizon limits the usability of non-Verizon phones and unlocked phones so that you are compelled to buy a device from them so they can make more money. I have an LG V30 and it's the exact same issue.

The Verizon APN's for BYOD phones is different than the APN's for one of their devices, (LG V30 is a compatible device with the exact same hardware between Verizon and non Verizon versions, but the non Verizon versions are blocked from having high quality mms).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Unlocked device are always distinctively different than device purchased through your carrier. This is not unique to Verizon, it's an industry standard. When your phone is tied to a carrier, there is carrier software that's integrated into the phone itself.

Can you tell us more about the MMS concern? Are you having trouble using the service?

GinaU_VZW

0 Likes