4.4.2 RAZR Maxx HD Battery life and Text messaging issues
Ominae

So I finally got the update to Kit Kat (4.4.2) over the weekend. After installing I've noticed a couple of problems.

1. The battery life plummeted. I went from lasting about 2 days on a charge to having to recharge after about 12 hours (went from 100% to 32%). Also, the phone was running hot (battery). I checked the apps that were running and found some that I had not used since the update were running and my RAM usage was much higher than normal. I force stopped them and have been running normal for the past 3 days, so I think this may have been a one time thing.

2. What happened to the text message app? I'm getting notifications that I'm getting text messages (the "Messaging" icon will show a orange square with the number of new texts) but it doesn't show me any new text messages. I also get no notification from the Circles widget (in the circle that displays the time) and nothing on the black status bar at the top of the screen, just the Messaging icon. Going into the Messaging app doesn't show any new messages, but the notification on the app remains. If I wait long enough (anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours so far) the message will finally come through (as well as the other notifications). It's like the phone knows I've gotten a text but won't download it for an extended period of time. This makes carrying a conversation via text next to impossible. This is going on as I type. For about 20 minutes I've got a notification on the messaging app that says I've got 1 new text but when I check it there is no new text displayed. The last text showing up is from a few hours ago. What the heck is going on?

Labels (1)
0 Likes