4.4.4 update on Note 3 causing issues with apps/widgets that normally work off of data network location, to require Locations to be turned on.
ASEfl2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I updated my Verizon Note 3 last night to 4.4.4.  My apps/widgets that would normally use the data network to find my location and run, are now requiring me to turn on my Locations and keep it on.  If I turn of Locations, they will not work.  Major battery drainage.  Anyone else dealing with this issue?

Labels (1)
Re: 4.4.4 update on Note 3 causing issues with apps/widgets that normally work off of data network location, to require Locations to be turned on.
danwatson

I have all of the above issues. The location is VERY annoying. Maybe Verizon is forcing GPS on us to track us better.

You have to keep location on now for any apps like weather to work...never used to be the case as they would use low power cell triangulation before to approx location. You also now get a warning that you are about to share location with apps EVERY time you turn on location with no way to keep it from popping up again.

I'm also having tons of issues with bluetooth.

My live wallpaper apps are crashing, other apps are crashing, and if I don't keep location on, no apps or widgets will give me info such as weather. This never used to be the case. The Location icon in the notification bar was tied ONLY to GPS and not to the shared location menu like it is now. They need to fix this. To top it off, none of the issues it was supposed to fix seem fixed.

0 Likes