$400 Phone upgrade???
JabroniJack
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is a phone upgrade supposed to cost 400 dollars or did verizon just rob me? I was eligible for and upgrade from my Galaxy S4 to the S7.  it charged me 400 bucks for the whole phone and took away my upgrade i read that there is only supposed to be a 40 and 20 dollar fee..

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: $400 Phone upgrade???
Tidbits
Legend

Are you coming from another carrier and took advantage of their promotions?  Verizon no long has contracts and only people who have previous contracts are able to get contracts(probably a 1-2 time deal and they will no longer be able to either).  You may have bought it outright, and not on a payment plan. Need more details from you or you need to contact customer care to find out exactly what happened.

0 Likes
JabroniJack
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been with verizon for over 10 years. But yeah i plan on heading to the verizon store to figure this out i think i might have just bought the phone without switching my plan. But that doesnt explain why it still counted it as my upgrade

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Did you by chance add the Gear S2 to your account thinking it will be free?  If you did that's is why you paid $400.  You were supposed to just buy the  phone, and fill out a form and if you qualify they'll send you the Gear S2.

JabroniJack
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope just the phone. I am just as confused as you sir lol

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The only way I can see you paying 400 is they did a trade in, you got some type of credit on top of that, and you paid outright for the phone.

0 Likes
JabroniJack
Enthusiast - Level 2

What do you mean?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

retail price is $700ish after taxes for the phone. If you signed a contract you'd be paying closer to $300 after taxes and fees.  So you paid $100 more than you should have.  Do you live in California by chance? (California tax laws terrible.)

0 Likes
JabroniJack
Enthusiast - Level 2

No i live in texas. And i didn't start a new contract i've had the same line for over 10 years and i literally clicked the "Upgrade your phone" button on the app, it took me to the website i preorder the S7 as my upgrade. A few weeks later im charged about 380

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Looks like your best bet is to call CS, and find the receipt breakdown.  If you upgraded by signing a contract it should be $249+ tax + upgrade fee I believe no more than $299.99 + tax and a upgrade fee.  Both would be way less than $380.