4G LTE enabled for MMS?
legalizefreedom

I have a Motorola E prepaid device.

I cannot send MMS messages, unless I have the 4G LTE radio function enabled.

I thought MMS went over the voice network, like SMS messages.

Also, is the prepaid network quality the same as postpaid?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 4G LTE enabled for MMS?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Those are great questions legalizefreedom! Allow me to provide answers! First, if you need assistance with your prepaid service please reach out to our prepaid customer service team at 888-294-6804 as only they have access to prepaid accounts. It is required to have data enabled (4G/3G) to send Multimedia Messages (MMS) as any graphics included with it are transported using data. Both postpaid and prepaid services utilize our superior Verizon Wireless network.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Those are great questions legalizefreedom! Allow me to provide answers! First, if you need assistance with your prepaid service please reach out to our prepaid customer service team at 888-294-6804 as only they have access to prepaid accounts. It is required to have data enabled (4G/3G) to send Multimedia Messages (MMS) as any graphics included with it are transported using data. Both postpaid and prepaid services utilize our superior Verizon Wireless network.

AntonioC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
legalizefreedom

Thank you. And can someone please tell me when VZW will offer spam controls for prepaid folks?

Changing my number isn't a solution for this problem.

I've called customer service and they only said changing the number was available.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Spam can be a real pain. What type of spam are you receiving? When did the issue begin?

SheritaH_VZW
0 Likes
legalizefreedom

I'm receiving emails through the SMS feature. I've forwarded them to 7266 (SPAM). Customer service just offers to change my phone number which is not a solution.

Why doesn't VZW allow usage controls for their prepaid customers? Is the purpose to leave prepaid crippled?

It is LONG past time to extend this service to prepaid customers.

0 Likes