Re: 4G outage
ekeyser

I'm also in Napa (at least my device is). I have a mifi 4620L. It just so happened that 4G was lit in the Napa Valley on July 19th at 10am.

Good-ish coverage between Yountville and Napa (3 bars) but my mifi disconnects and reconnects seemingly at random / intermittently sometimes every few seconds sometimes longer.

Hopefully this will improve over the next few weeks. Talked to Verizon tier 1 support and their coverage maps hadn't been updated with the new 4G coverage so I'm not sure how much help I was going to be expecting.

3 bars of coverage (SNR of 16dB) doesn't seem like enough to warrant the device to disconnect and reconnect every 30 seconds - 5 minutes.

The device is currently forced into LTE mode (3G didn't seem to have any coverage). The disconnect / reconnect makes me think the device's heuristics is switching between base stations. Of course I don't know that much about mifis to know if that's what's going on so take that with a grain of salt.

Message was edited by: Emmett Keyser BTW I should also say that when the 4620L is connected I get a consistent 10Mbps down and 4-5 Mbps up - not choppy at all. This leads me to believe the signal is fine but that the device is making decisions about connecting/reconnecting it shouldn't be.

0 Likes
Re: 4G outage
selin319
Enthusiast - Level 2

The issue you're describing is exactly what I have been experiencing. Keeps disconnecting every 30 sec to 5 min and get back up.

0 Likes
4G outage
FWH
Enthusiast - Level 3

This issue is resolved with the ICS update that all Bionic owners will be receiving. I got my update this morning and the phone keeps a solid 4G LTE signal now.

0 Likes