505 error
Egypt2496

I have an LG G4 and my phone updated yesterday I am assuming with Lollipop. Since then my kindle App is no longer there. Also when I try to download the update I get the following message, ""Amazon Kindle can't be installed. Try again, and if the problem continues, get help troubleshooting. (Error Code -505)." I have gone on all the forums and did all the suggested fixes. I have cleared all the Cached data and since Kindle is preinstalled I can't Uninstall it. Nothing is working. Help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 505 error
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Egypt2496, I want to make sure that all applications are working after a software update. Are you only having this error message come up on the Kindle App? Or are you getting the same issue with all of the apps on the device? Are you connected to wi-fi or cellular data when you receive this error? Pleaes keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Marebear8141

I have the same problem except it is only when I am connected to Wi-Fi. I also can not access the internet no matter what browser I use, unless I use my data and disconnect my Wi-Fi. I called support and they said it is an issue with my Wi-Fi which I know is not the case unless everywhere I go is having problems with their Wi-Fi. I have tried everything I could find online and nothing is working. I'm getting very frustrated!

0 Likes
Egypt2496

I am getting it with just my Amazon Apps. I updated a couple of my other Apps and they updated fine. And I have tried updating them with Wi-Fi and using the cellular data.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Egypt2496 - I know how inportant it is to have your apps working in tip top shape. Let's try   solving this issue another way. Please go into Settings>System updates>Check for new system update. Do you see a message that says your device is up to date? Or do you see an update available? I would suggest to sign out of your Wi-Fi and make a new connection.
JacobV_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Egypt2496

I get a message No New System Update Available. Your LG is up to date.

0 Likes
Ellenj
Enthusiast - Level 3

LG G4 VS895, now running Android 6.0

I have the same problem, but slightly worse.  I got a bad copy of the update, and it bricked my phone. Verizon had to do a factory reset.  5 days later, and I still don't have my phone all the way back to normal.  That's about 90 hours of my life.  I was able to load AmazonUnderground, and restore all my AmazonApps as well as my all my GooglePlay apps.

EXCEPT KINDLE.  I get a constant error 505.  I've spent an hour with Amazon TS, and an hour with Verizon TS where he confirmed (using Safe Mode) that it was not a problem with my cached data or my phone settings.  It's a problem with the new Kindle app.

Caution:  using Safe Mode deleted a couple of my Accounts, but I was able to recover them.

The bad news is that my 150 book Library, some of which is NOT from Kindle, is gone.  I thought it was backed up, but it was not.

Remember: to install Amazon Apps (or any other) you need to go to Security, and set it to accept Unknown Sources!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Ellenj,

Having access to applications you use most is crucial to your device experience. It saddens me to hear that your items were lost during a recent software update. I have sent you a direct message. Please respond to this direct message.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Egypt2496,

Let's get you your Kindle App back. I know you have mentioned you have done a lot of troubleshooting already. We appreciate this. Have you powered your device off and back on? If not, please do. Also put your device in Safe Mode and test. Here is the steps to do so http://spr.ly/6589BjqeV.

RobinD_VZW

0 Likes
Tracy713

STOP

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 11:02 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support<forums@verizonwireless.com> wrote: img

|

|

|

A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

|

| |

505 error

created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in Android - View the full discussion

Egypt2496,

Let's get you your Kindle App back. I know you have mentioned you have done a lot of troubleshooting already. We appreciate this. Have you powered your device off and back on? If not, please do. Also put your device in Safe Mode and test. Here is the steps to do so http://spr.ly/6589BjqeV.

RobinD_VZW

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in Android by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

|

|

© 2014 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless

One Verizon Way

Mail Code: 180WVB

Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences by visiting https://community.verizonwireless.com/user-preferences!input.jspa.

|

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information

about click activity with Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.

|

|

|

0 Likes