Re: A Stand Fit for Many Styles.!
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Thanks for reminding me to change my avatar!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey Now that's Cool Avatar Sydney Time for some Football.. b33 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I just had a Epiphany  I thought What if the Smart Cable that came with my New stand could make my Phone Display look as if like it's setting in a Dock when it's really not.  Well it seems that thought really works well i put my Maxx in it's Case the one that has a Built in stand and Wallah it Works. And i can do this any were i Go all need to Do is Take the   SMART U.S.B. and it's CHARGER to make it Work and the Docks can stay at Home... this is Cool find b33

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'd already thought about that, ha!     That's why I was hoping that the smart charger worked like I thought it did, rather than having a magnet in the dock.  That's one cool find, huh?  I checked the postal tracking on mine a while ago and it looks like it may make it here tomorrow, Monday for sure.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey that's Good..  One thing i thought up too is i'm wondering if Moto will sell the  Smart USB  by itself if they Do that it will be a Good buy by for allot a People.. Hopefully they Will let's cross our Fingers... Smiley Happy b

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

My new toy arrived yesterday ... I likey!     Even as frugal as I usually am, I'm glad I got it, if for nothing other than versatility.  It's smaller than I thought it would be, yet easily holds both my phone and Nook Color.  Since both are in cases/covers, I wanted something that didn't require removing those.  I was skeptical at first about it holding the Nook without tipping over, but it's a sturdy little bugger.  I also like all the rubber, both underneath for stabilizing it on the desk and where the phone/Nook meet the stand.  And as much as I wish it were the case, I'm not being compensated by Motorola for my recommendation.

One thing I also noticed about the smart charger is that it'll put the phone in dock mode whether it's plugged into an electrical outlet or not.  However, to keep the screen from timing out, you have to plug it in to an outlet.

Message was edited by: tikibar1

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yea that's what makes it Extra Cool and Tiki i'm giving ya the Green star for pointing that the Smart Charger makes the Display show the Dock display weather hooked up or Not but it helps to have it plugged in to keep the Display on.. All in all tiki i think the pedestal is "win win" in the versatility in the stand for all Phone and Tablet Models and the smart charger for being what it is and it's great use's with Motorola phones...Smiley Happy b

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey Tiki i like my Stand so Much i thinking about getting Another Heck i got two phones and i can't let the other one Get mad at me for neglecting it.. b33

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ha ha!  I'd wondered if you were gonna play favorites with your phones!  Yep, maybe you should get each their own stand.  I'm still enjoying mine as well.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well i think before i get another one of those Stands i'm gonna get me one of these:  Motorola P893 --> U.P.P.P

Motorola P893 - Universal Portable Power Pack

0 Likes