Re: APN settings locked - not receiving MMS
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is imperative for your service to work correctly at all times. We would like to gather more information to determine what is going on with the MMS group messages. What messaging app are you using? When did you start noticing this problem and what changed with your device before the problem started?

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes
scottaturner777

I have the same phone and problem did you get it working?

0 Likes
scottaturner777

Hi, I am having the same problem as this person and I was curious if you found a solution? 

I have the UMIDIGI A5 PRO

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is imperative that we understand the issue fully, scottaturner777, as we all want to be on the same page. Many have posted to this thread, and we do not want to assume the specifics of your issue. What specific issues are you having with service on your Umidigi device?

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
JS409

I'm having the same problem with my phone now. My entire mobile signal/service goes out. I have no 4g, no 3g, no 1x. I just get the triangle on its side with an x showing me it has no service. I'm in an area where 2 other lines on my plan have perfect reception and service. The issue will last for 30 seconds to 2 minutes and happens anywhere from once to 15+ times in an hour. I have multiple screen recordings of this happen. Sometimes the mobile data button shows its turning itself on and off and others it stays on but still no service. Happens all hours of day and night. I have reset network settings, deleted apps, ran in safe mode, factory reset my phone and even talked to a rep thru chat who said they did something on there end but to no avail. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP.  I can't do anything with my phone and I believe I know the issue as some have pointed out. The APN  on the phones connection settings has missing information. Can a tech please help edit/update it. Or find a different working fix?

0 Likes
Re: APN settings locked - no 4g service
ms1golf

I have an S8 and it no longer gets 4G. This has been happening for over 3 weeks.  It's either 3G or 1X which drains my battery and my phone has less functionality. How can I get the APN settings changed? I called in a trouble ticket last week and was sent a text saying my service issue has been completed yet nothing has changed on my phone. They also sent me a video saying, "we found that the signal strength in your reported area is less than optimal".  Their resolution was to enable HD voice and wi-fi calling...my signal strength is still 3g or 1x!!  Can someone assist with this issue??

0 Likes
rambler011
Enthusiast - Level 2

The settings in the A5 pro are more generic really, and the settings listed are from my Samsung A50 are far more specific. What I believe is causing the issue is the lack of all the things listed in the bearer as the A5 Pro is blank, shows unspecified. Really, the trouble is the lack of access for us humans to do what needs to be done to match settings to what each and all carriers want in there. These phone companies and carriers are locking all of it up! What communist garbage to put up with that I shouldn't have too. It is all greyed out and won't allow me to do anything but select what is there on the umidigi, and the Verizon A50 is totally locked up to the one THEY put in. NONSENSE! I should have the right as a consumer to buy whatever I want in a phone and make it work - PERIOD!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to do all we can to help out, rambler011. You mentioned this desire to edit certain settings before. Have you contacted Umidigi for information about changes you can make? Are you still having an issue receiving text on the Umidigi device? How does the A50 fit into this issue, other than to compare certain settings you have found?

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
tpcrotty2

Hello!  There has been a lot of back and forth here and we seem to be getting sidetracked with some other issues.

Here is the problem:  MMS messages are not working properly (they will never send or they are very delayed) when using third party messaging applications on Samsung smartphones on the Verizon network with locked APN settings.

I am on Verizon using a Samsung Galaxy S8 and I would LOVE nothing more than to use Facebook Messenger for both Facebook messages and SMS/MMS (the Samsung app is slow and will truncate long messages in the thread) but I am unable to because of this issue.

I do understand that locking the APN settings makes sense on these phones.  I also appreciate the exceptional network Verizon has engineered and the willingness of their support team to respond to these threads.

Is there any way to temporarily work around this in order to make MMS work?  

Thanks!!

0 Likes
rambler011
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have never gotten any reply from Umidigi for my A5 Pro as it is out of warranty and they evidently do NOT give a S#$%! I really get locking the APN's as they are critical to be perfectly correct to work, but the generic deal that Umidigi puts in there leaves the Bearer unspecified. All the things that are in the bearer are the culprit for the lack to receive any texts I am sure, but without the ability of editing the APN's we as consumers are messed up. The locked A50 AND the locked Motorola G7 Power work perfectly fine as their APN's are locked but perfectly set for the Verizon network. It becomes garbage to have to put up with this restricting of MY phone that I personally paid for. I get locking the ones that is in there, but allow me to add and switch to another APN that I can enter and use as it should be for our Verizon network. I am at a crossroad where I can't do squat to fix it. The only way to get it going would be to root the phone which I do not know the means to do this to open up the APN settings to get it functional to receive texts. I have also tried some 3rd party text apps and some launchers without success. I would gladly pay to root the phone if it wasn't expensive to get it working properly. 

0 Likes