ASUS ZenFone AR Update Version: v3.8.3. How to upgrade?
andriikua

I have a phone ASUS ZenFone AR

I have two questions.

1. I have Software Version 3.7.8.

How to upgrade to 3.8.3?

The assistant says that I have the latest version ....

Where can I download version 3.8.3 for manual installation?

2. When will WIFI work outside the US?

Will the problem be solved or not?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: ASUS ZenFone AR Update Version: v3.8.3. How to upgrade?
albertor_vzw
Verizon Employee

Andriikua, getting the latest update is important to me too. You are on the latest approved Version for the ASUS ZenFone AR. Where are you showing another update is available?

AlbertoR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

We always want to make sure you have the most recent software version on your device.

You can find the steps to update it here ASUS ZenFone AR Software Update | Verizon Wireless

If you can not update the software version over WiFi, I recommend using a computer to run the software upgrade assistant which can be found here Software Update - Software Upgrade Assistant (ASUS) | Verizon Wireless . Is that what you already tried? What do you mean when you say when will WiFi work outside of the US? Are you currently in the USA? Do you have service with Verizon?

TamaraH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
andriikua

I see such information on the site Verizon.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/asus-zenfone-ar-update/

0 Likes
andriikua

Thanks for the answer and the desire to help.

Sorry for the literacy. English is not my native language.

I had on the phone version 3.8.1.

WIFI could not upgrade.

I installed the assistant. The assistant downloaded the firmware and installed it into the phone. Now I have version 3.7.8 .....

Why did this happen?

A further launch of the assistant says that I have the latest firmware version.

How can I upgrade to version 3.8.3 or return to 3.8.1?

The question about Wi-Fi has been raised many times in the community.

If you leave for the US prefectures, Wi-Fi stops working. It does not even start.

I drive it.

Now I am in Ukraine. Before this was in Russia, Belarus, Poland. Nowhere does not turn on.

Only I come In the USA everything turns on and works.

0 Likes
christinej_vzw
Verizon Employee

andriikua,,

We appreciate you providing those further details. Your device will not update while you are out of the US. The software updates get manually pushed to the phone. Android updates get sent out in smaller batches vs Apple sending theirs all at once. We do not know when the updates will be sent to your device. You would have to reach out to the phone's manufacturer to see if there is more that can be done on their end: https://www.asus.com/us/support

ChristineJ_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Andriikua, I'm really sorry that the software was changed backwards. Updates will only be pushed through over-the-air. Therefore, the phone will need to be active on a Verizon Wireless account, in the U.S. The only other option would be to try the Software Repair Assistant again.

Software Update - Software Upgrade Assistant (ASUS) | Verizon Wireless

VanessaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
Shan8

Several years later and no update? Still V3.8.3? My phone says it is up to date, but the security patch is more than 2 years old.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I totally understand that you would like to see an update on your ASUS ZenFone AR, Shan8. 

Here is our web page with the all the information about the latest updates on this phone: http://spr.ly/6604GOm3r It is up to the manufacturer to continually support the phone with updates and Verizon's role primarily is to ensure compatibility with the our network when it comes to updates. I understand that you are concerned about getting security updates on your phone. You might consider another phone such as an iPhone as Apple has a strong track record of supplying updates, even to phones as much as 5 years old at times. You can check out all of our phones here: http://spr.ly/6605GOm3T If you have any other questions, just let us know. 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes