Re: ASUS ZenFone V - Mobile Network Drops Off
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Coreyyoung, we understand the importance of ensuring your phone is connected to the network at all times. I noticed you mentioned this happens everywhere, so we would want to take a closer look at the device. When did you start experiencing network connection difficulties with your phone? Was there any changes made to the phone when this started? Have you verified the device has the most up to date software installed? For directions on how to check for software updates click, http://vz.to/2FIGwOa

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Rdmeeks3

Corey,

If it has been less than 14 days since you got it. I would return it right away. After 14 days, they will only give you a refurbished phone in exchange. They told me it worked as designed, but because of where I live (which is in a decent sized metro area), it drops signal. So much for 99% reliability.

0 Likes
PHAROS4EVER

Are you serious? Your saying to check for a software update? When there hasn't been a single update for this phone since launch which is utterly rediculous.....this phone has been out for atleast 6 months and not a single firmware/software update has been issued to try and fix the cellular issue this phone has with your service, and your saying check for a software update? Lol.

0 Likes
coreyyoung

I purchased the phone in mid January, I've never made any change to it and it's had the same problem since then. There hasn't ever been a system update to my knowledge, I've checked for one every week since I got it. It pretty much happens 2-3 times a day. I just had to restart my phone about 15 minutes ago because of it and I had to do the same last night, while out to dinner and trying to check movie showtimes. I can't afford a new phone, so I just deal with and restart my phone frequently.

0 Likes
Rdmeeks3

Corey,

I did talk to someone with Verizon who agreed to buy out the remaining contract on the Zenfone I had if i "upgraded". I didn't take the offer because I got the phone free for switching to Verizon and I wasn't going to pay for a phone 3 months after I got a free phone that I assumed would work for making phone calls and texting as a promotion. If you are buying the Zenfone and want to get out of the contract and get another phone for the same price, they should do the same for you, you just have to be persistent with customer service. You could also try a refurbished Zenfone (although chances are it won't work either) or you could ask for a refurbished phone of a different model at the same or lesser price range. I am now using a refurbished LG K20 V, which they sent me because they said they didn't have any more refurbished Zenfones. It has worked fine so far and I think is the same price per month as the Zenfone. The LG K20 has the best reviews of phones in the price range because it seems to be the most reliable. The Zenfone has better specs (better camera, RAM, and internal storage) then all the other phones in the same price range, but those things don't do you much good when you can't rely on the phone to make and receive calls and send and receive texts. The Zenfone is a junk phone, but to this point Verizon doesn't want to admit it. Good luck to you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the frustration. What troubleshooting steps have you gone through?

LauraL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
CHRPHI44

Hi,

I'm running into the same issues that everyone else is reporting with the Zenfone V. It drops from the network and doesn't come back without a reboot of the phone. I purchased the phone about 6 weeks ago, and have done a factory reset to the phone which didn't fix it. There are no updates to this phone still as of today. I live in a area where Verizon's 4g network is a little spotty (85641). What can I do about this?

Thanks

0 Likes
Jim_Bear

I'm having the same issue as everyone else here. After I've been connected to WiFi for a little bit, I'll look and notice that I no longer have any network connection. Turning mobile data on and off, switching airplane mode on/off, and turning WiFi on/off doesn't seem to solve the problem. I haven't found any network settings to tweak that resolve the issue either.

A reboot is the only fix. So far I've only noticed this issue when I've been connected to my workplace's WiFi network, but I haven't had the phone for long (4 days) so this problem may not be only limited to only my work's network - I just may not have had the chance to encounter it elsewhere. This happens several times a day and is obviously obnoxious.

I still need to go back to the Verizon store where I bought the phone, but based on the experiences here my hopes for a permanent fix for this particular phone are not high.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are concerned to see so many of the Asus users having the same issues with the network connectivity. As mentioned, there has not been a software update since 7/14/2017. I will be sending a Direct Message in order to gather more details.

Do you have an issue with it staying connected to WiFi?

TamaraH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jim_Bear

I haven'y had any issues staying connected to WiFi

0 Likes