Re: ASUS ZenFone V - Mobile Network Drops Off
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

crabhammer, I completely understand how important it is to make sure that you have a device that stays connected to the network when it should. I definitely want to make sure that we do everything that we can to help with ensuring that you have a device that works correctly. I was able to send you a direct message. Please respond at your earliest convenience so that I can assist further.

Brett_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Macchina
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had a new ZenFone V for 2 days and have experienced the same dropping network issue 3 times. This is no good. I spent a while chatting with a Verizon rep and they didn't have a solution or reference that this was a known issue.  They had me turning off Wi-Fi and trying different stuff that would disconnect me from the chat.

Really disappointed  that this is happening on a Verizon exclusive phone. Hopefully they patch this really soon!

0 Likes
mkolber
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's what's so sad about the current state of Verizon customer service. I had to complain long and loud, and specifically ask to have my complaint escalated in order to get someone who knew this was a big, verified problem. And still, the agents who respond in this thread, on twitter, on Facebook, on chat, etc, are either kept clueless or told to pretend they never heard if it,

Sad. Very sad.   

0 Likes
Macchina
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm on my second day taking to customer service about this. Still losing my connection to Verizon service. Customer service wants me to jump through hoops rich I understand they need to troubleshoot but their system is so clunky and frustrating. I'm currently locked out off my account. I reset my pin and the system didn't register it and locked me out. Really don't want to take 3 days + to get the the service I'm paying for....

0 Likes
Macchina
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hours into talking to customer service they asked for my phone number so they call me (it's night time) so I wait outside for nite than 20 minutes so I don't wake my sleeping newborn and they never call. I message them back and they say they can't see my account and weren't going to call me or tell me, they give me  an automated number to call (just the general Verizon phone number) with no options that apply to this issue (I listened to them all). I definitely feel like Verizon doesn't care at all. Why would they? I'm paying for service they don't have to provide, it's a win-win for them...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are dedicated to keeping you connected and I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Where are you located when the signal drops out? What did you do to get the signal back?

Yale_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Macchina
Enthusiast - Level 1

It happens most at my house where I have Wi-Fi and good cell signal service. Nothing will get the signal back but to restart the phone.

0 Likes
DLEASSM
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just spoke with a Tier 2 technical support person, someone who actually knew what he was doing and didn't read from a script.  He looked in their known issues database, and this issue is there.  They for sure know about it.  He said that both Asus and Verizon are working on it.  As to when it will be fixed, if ever, that is a guess (my words, though I did ask and he couldn't answer).

The question is why they sold the phones to me with a known issue.  And they did not test the phone very well before selling it to begin with.  And they do not pass the information down to the first tier support folks who are answering people's questions and wasting time doing things that won't fix the phones.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Macchina, thank you for those details. I value your time and am glad you have access to Wi-Fi and good signal at your home. To ensure we are on the same page, I do have a few more questions. What has changed with your device? (setting changes, software update, new case, etc.) Does the issue occur indoors/outdoors or both? Do you know of other Verizon users having this issue in your area or is it only an issue with your phone?

Jaime_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
It's never good to hear that you are experiencing service issues, we do want to check a couple of details in regards of the signal you are picking up. With the wi-fi off on your phone, what signal does it show on top of your phone? 

Paloma_VZW

0 Likes