Re: ASUS ZenFone V - Mobile Network Drops Off
crabhammer
Enthusiast - Level 3

After complaining via the BBB and rejecting an initial offer for a refund of the purchase price applied to an upgrade, Verizon agreed to a $10 bill credit for 24 months.  Since my usage is light enough I can get around this problem by keeping Wi-Fi off unless I'm going to download something big, I'm happy with this arrangement.  I still hope a patch is coming soon!

ROBGAI55
Enthusiast - Level 2

It has been 2 weeks since I talked to a rep about the issue with these phones and I haven't received a response back on what they are going to do about it so now I think I'm going to have to get in contact with the BBB about this and maybe 12 on your side to see if they can get answers for all of us that are paying for service and only getting 50% usage out of it.

Macchina
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also filed a BBB complaint a couple weeks back.  They gave me a $30 credit last call and called yesterday to offer me a replacement device (Samsung J7).  I'd be happy with an older Galaxy S series but the J7 is a couple levels below the Zenfone V (except it probably stays connected to the network).  I don't think I'm going to take it as that phone is a significant downgrade in about every specification I have compared.  Really wish they'd just fix the issue...

0 Likes
ROBGAI55
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think they can fix the issue.

0 Likes
ROBGAI55
Enthusiast - Level 2

I meant I don't think they can fix it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a device that works for you is very important, ROBGAI55.  We do want to ensure that we’re able to help so that you can enjoy your device.  I have sent you a direct message so that we can better assist.

Adam_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Macchina, 

I'm so sorry to learn of any issues with your device. However, I'm glad to hear that we are working with you. Please allow me to ask what team you are working with? Has the issue been resolved since you posted? We want to make sure everything has been taken care of. 

Thank you, 

Christina_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sluggo27
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dear verizon support.

Metoo!!

My zenphone V, purchased in May 2108, drops the cell signal every day and I have to restart if I want to receive calls or texts.  Verizon coverage is spotty here in rural new york-please fix that too- and I have a signal booster in the house and a robust wifi system.  I can use my phone at home.  Once I leave, no signal.

I have also had the phone drop the signal with no recovery while using google maps in my car.

I have done all the recommended settings and fixes and no joy.  The phone does not work.  I don't like carrying a brick, I need my messages.  I need my map service.

Please do not deflect this question by asking irrelevant questions like my zip code or how many times, or if I know anyone else with the same problem.  I don't want another used zenphone V.

Answer one question:  when will Verizon fix this known defect?  Answer in this forum, not via private messages.

Thanks.

PZ

ROBGAI55
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's all they are going to do is ask you the same questions over and over

I'll be happy if they knock some money off of my bill and take these 2

paper weights I have back and I'll go to eBay and buy a refurbished phone

like I have always been doing. I wanted to get a up to date phone but I

guess that was a mistake.

Aberystwyth
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had the same problem(s) with my Asus Zenfone V.  Got a new one in May 2018.  It started dropping calls and then got to the point where it can't even connect to the network.  Verizon sent a replacement.... same problem as the first.  Verizon sent a second replacement -- so I'm on my 3rd Asus Zenfone now -- and it's also dropping calls and having trouble connecting or staying connected.  Meanwhile, my daughter who lives with me isn't having any issue with her iPhone on the same network, same plan, same everything.  And I can connect just fine with my old phone that I (thankfully) kept - a Motorola Droid Turbo.  I want to send the 3rd Asus back and eliminate the $10 a month I'm paying for a phone I can't even use, but Verizon said they can't negate the contract.  I said fine, keep me on the 2 year contract (I've been with them for 18 years now!) but just get rid of the $10 monthly charge -- they won't do it.  This is beyond frustrating!

0 Likes