Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,736 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Re: ASUS ZenFone V - Mobile Network Drops Off
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Aberystwyth,

We know how important it is to have a properly working device. We would love to look into this issue further and see what we can do for you. What is your ZIP Code? Do you experience dropped Calls everywhere you go, or a specific location? Are you experiencing the same issue now that you activated your Droid Turbo?

0 Likes
ROBGAI55
Enthusiast - Level 2

Droid turbo?

On Jul 16, 2018 10:17 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
Aberystwyth
Enthusiast - Level 2

Reference Ticket [removed].  I've had 3 replacement Asus Zenfones in 3 weeks.  All 3 are dropping calls and then suddenly unable to connect to the network that they previously connected to.  My personal zip code is 44221.  The dropped calls are random, within different zip codes, at different times of the day.  It doesn't seem to matter whether I made the call or someone else called me.  Some calls last 30 minutes before being dropped, other times they barely last 30 seconds.  In fact, twice I had to use the CHAT option at the Verizon website via my laptop to reach tech support because I couldn't stay connected long enough on the phone.  They had me do a factory reset, turn WiFi on and off, activate Advanced Calling and HD Voice, adjust roaming, and a bunch of other setting changes.  The only thing they did NOT have me do is change out the Sim card but several other people on the forum said that was tried and it didn't make any difference.  The Droid Turbo I'm using has the same Sim card in it that the Asus was using and it's working just fine and not dropping any calls, so it's definitely not the Sim card.  My 21-yr-old daughter lives with me and she's on my plan.  She's not having any issues with her iPhone but we're on the same network and living in the same location at the same time.  Apparently the Asus is a 4G only phone - if there's no 4G network it won't connect, whereas my Droid will drop to 3G if it can't connect to 4G.  Either way, you at Verizon HAVE to be aware of this issue, what with all these customers complaining of the same issues.  This is a Verizon exclusive phone but it can't connect or stay connected to its own network?  My complaint with Verizon is that you won't get rid of the $10 I'm paying monthly toward the Asus Zenfone.  This phone is going to cost me $240.00 over 2 years but I can't even use it!  I don't mind staying under contract but I don't feel it's fair that I have to continue paying for a phone that is nothing but a useless paperweight on my desk right now.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
Aberystwyth
Enthusiast - Level 2

My apologies:  that ticket number should be [removed] (I was 1 digit off, previously)!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

ROBGAI55 wrote:

Droid turbo?

On Jul 16, 2018 10:17 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

The VZW rep was responding to another community member who mentioned they also had a Droid Turbo.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Wobblinwheel

I just bought the Asus Zenfone V YESTERDAY from my local Verizon store. I am experiencing the EXACT same issues discussed in this topic. Mine even drops off ON WIFI sometimes. It is USELESS in my business, as I'm always missing customers calls, mostly can't make calls from my office. The people I bought it from seem to be "unaware" of the problems with this device, and say I have to pay $35.00 just to return it! I've been been a loyal Verizon customer since Verizon became Verizon... I don't know how this is going to work out, but I'm losing money every day that I can't communicate with my customers...! Proud owner of a new $260.00 PAPERWEIGHT...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ROBGAI55, I am sorry to hear this device hasn't been the best for you. I would love to review options we have available for you. I have sent you a private message to further assist with this issue.

Justin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CHRPHI44

I need to speak to a representative about my options on replacing this phone. I first complained about the issues back on page 4 of this thread and today I couldn't even talk to my DirectTV representative without the phone cutting out on me every two minutes. Every time i called back, got through the auto menu, i'd drop before i could reach a live person. My issues with this phone are well documented. I'm fed up to the point I gotta make a change if I can't get this rectified. The Asus Zenfone V is a bum.

Thanks.

0 Likes
ROBGAI55
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good luck I just got a terrible deal but I don't have a choice except to take it

if I want to use the service I'm paying for.

0 Likes
Aberystwyth
Enthusiast - Level 2

After posting a couple of days ago, I complained to the BBB.... and a Verizon Executive called me the next morning with an apology and a really nice deal that I chose to take because it's a win/win for me.  So if anyone here hasn't gotten anywhere with Verizon, try filing a BBB complaint (online, it's easy) because it seems Verizon takes those very seriously.  Good luck!

0 Likes