Re: ASUS ZenFone V - Mobile Network Drops Off
crabhammer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Keeping the Wi-Fi setting off unless I'm actively using it works for me, since the problem seems to occur when leaving a Wi-Fi network's range.  If you lodge a complaint with the BBB, Verizon will work with you more seriously.  Both of these are a pain, though, and I hope there's a real fix soon.

0 Likes
CASAVERANO
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have tried everything. Reading some of the tech wizard comments, some

think it's the sim card, others think it's the weak antenna. Dropped calls

all the time, handoff between WiFi to tower doesn't work, & others are

complaining that they're getting dropped by going from 3G to 4G. In 12

years I never had a problem with a Verizon phone, but the ZenFone simply

does not work as it should.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lady_engineer, having a stable connection is imperative when using the phone. Please know that we have seen and heard this concern. After thorough testing, no network related issue has been discovered. As a result, we have sent details to the manufacturer for investigation. Should this be a software issue, we will expect an update to resolve this matter. Watch for updates at http://spr.ly/6583DtD9l;  

Loren_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Hork

I have had this same problem since I got the phone months ago, and am fed up. It is causing me risk in my job, but I don't have a lot of money to spend on a better phone. I would like a replacement phone with comparable specifications to solve this issue.  If I don't hear from Verizon about this shortly, I'll file a claim with the Better Business Bureau as suggested by other users in this forum.

I've done everything that has been mentioned in this forum to try to solve this issue, with the exception of trading it in for a refurbished phone. I don't have time to do that for something that has not worked for anyone that has tried it. 

I have reset network setting, reseated the SIM card, set network and wireless settings as instructed by Verizon techs on the phone, set developer settings, made sure I had the latest update, and so on and so on.  I'm not willing to turn off my wifi while at home, nor should I have to turn it off when leaving the home (who can remember to do that?).  But as others have stated, the cellular network drops often when leaving a wifi network area, and it won't reconnect no matter what.  A reboot is the only solution to get it to rejoin the cellular network. 

Even if the problem is, as someone pointed out, that the phone is 4G only, the fact that the phone doesn't reconnect to the 4G network when back in range is a major dealbreaker.  

Please contact me to remedy the situation. This is totally unacceptable.  My wife insisted I switch to Verizon instead of her switching to AT&T, and this phone has made the switch a nightmare. 

0 Likes
CASAVERANO
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good for you. After all the complaints about this phone, it's like when

you talk to them--they've never heard it before. It's ridiculous. If they

expect to keep customers they have to provide them with working phones, and

if they're getting the same complaints about the same phone a 1000 times

over, they should recognize that indeed there is a problem with the phone,

and not just blow it off.

0 Likes
RALWOO40

Wow, glad this forum is here. I'm ready to upgrade and the specs look so good on ASUS zenfone V for the price. Verizon, why in the world are you still selling this phone, knowing full well it will not work correctly for customers? It's the most important and basic feature of any mobile phone - placing and receiving calls. And this phone won't do that. And Verizon will not do anything about that. The OP was Nov. 29, 2017 and there has been zero resolution of this issue. How many of these phones have you sold in that time? You only have two options so it's not a complicated issue. #1 Create and distribute a software patch that resolves this issue in 100% of affected devices. #2 Refund all affected customers and replace all affected devices with a comparable device at no charge to the customers. Once that is complete, Verizon will cease to be doing what it is now, which is practicing theft on an ongoing basis. What Verizon is doing is not legal.

0 Likes
Shadowed
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here, contacted cs a few times and was told the tickets been escilated almost a month ago, still no response. I feel like Verizon is breaking the contract for service, I'm paying for but not getting. Got two of these phones and can rarely use them.

0 Likes
willhelp2
Enthusiast - Level 2

There are few articles and troubleshooting available in Verizon website that you can use to check what is the source of the issue. I found this page ASUS Zenfone V Troubleshooting | Verizon Wireless that allows you to start troubleshooting by searching for the most closest article to the issue. I found the one that says No Voice Service or Signal. First troubleshooting is to ensure the map layer chosen is 4G LTE plus GSM/UMTS. Check your network settings and see if there's any option for that. On that same page it will also provide you the coverage locator just to double check if this is a coverage issue or not. There might be a known issue in the coverage that could be something that keeps going on and off. Doesn't hurt to check. Click the next step on that page if that didn't identify the source of the problem. Next troubleshooting is to toggle the Airplane mode. Just keep following the page and it will show you all the troubleshooting you can do on your end. If it didn't work, you can call the Tech Coach 800-922-0204. I believe Tech Coach is in option 3. They have access in their system that will allow more troubleshooting that might be fixable on their end.

0 Likes
CASAVERANO
Enthusiast - Level 2

All of that was tried via technical support, and the issue remained. This

phone has issues with dropping calls, incapable of handing off from WiFi

calling to coverage calling. This is either a hardware or software issue

with this phone that Verizon is not addressing.

Shadowed
Enthusiast - Level 1

As has been said a few times, most if not all of us have done the tech support / troubleshooting tips already.

As I see it, the biggest issue's as of right now are..

1 it's been shown to be a known issue, what percentage of phones that are effected is still in question .

2. It's been acknowledged here to be a known issue that Verizon is investigating, and has now passed off to Asus to look into.

3. Knowing it's an issue. Phones are still being sold, and we , those who have bought them, are being asked to jump through an insane amount of red tape to get working phones.

At this point, it should be a simple. Oh, one of those, here's the replacement we've been told to give, sorry, have a nice day.

0 Likes