Re: ASUS ZenFone V - Mobile Network Drops Off
carment_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thank you for bringing this up to our attention, Vikz. Having the best signal when most needed is always important. To ensure we find the best solution to your concern, what zip code are you having service issues in? What service has been affected (voice, messaging, data)?

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Vikz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live at 29626. Complete network loss. It either says no service or emergency calls only. I definitely know it's not the network problem because my mom has different phone and in the same house, she always has service and mine drops out. We are both on the same prepaid Verizon plan.

Continued story:

I went to Verizon store where I got the phone and representative there tried to get me to switch to higher priced unlimited plan and *then* I could get a new phone for free right now and my bill would be charged certain amount per month for the new phone.

I was also told that to send the phone back to Asus, so they take a look at it, would cost me additional $13. At that point, i decided that I'm just going to lose valuable time without having service and there is no guarantee that new replacement (or refurbished) phone of same model would even work right either, so i didn't want to dump any more money into this phone. It obviously has issues with network according to my experience and this 18 page thread.

I asked him if I could buy a new phone just like my mom has, because I know for sure it works. Samsung j7 2nd generation. He told me it will be 240$. I told him that it costs 169$ on verizon website. He tells me that it's for new plan and it's a 240$ phone. As soon as I proceed to add phone to cart, it'll change the price. I showed him price on website and that I did the upgrade 2 months ago and there was no mention of different prices for existing upgrades vs new line of service.

I asked him for his name and he declined to give it to me and told me to speak to manager. I waited and spoke to manager when he was freed up from other customers. He apologized and was very nice and helpful in trying to help me find the new phone in nearby stores because they didn't have any available. I asked what to do with my current phone that has issues with network, and being only 2 months old, at least try and get some sort of discount, but was politely declined. The phone has zero value for any trade in.

I went to nearby store where he told me Samsung j7 is available and purchased it there. Unfortunately right now I am at loss,  because Asus phone is only 2 months in my possession and already I had to upgrade to new one.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing this additional informatiom, Vikz. While we're glad you were able to get a phone that works, the circumstances surrounding the transaction are not up to par with the treatment we want for our customers. We can confirm that there are no service issues in the ZIP Code you've provided. Have you noticed any of the aforementioned service issues since you switched to the newer device?

MatthewI_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Vikz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, service has been working without problems now that i switched to Samsung j7. Please credit me at least partial amount for my Asus that I can't use due to signal loss issues. Me and my parents have been with Verizon since before the moon!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Billions of years?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Vikz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well no, dear Ma'am,

I was relatively speaking. What I meant by that is as follows. When I was younger, my father was the main person in charge of the account. After he passed away, we(my momma and me) decided to switch from contracted plan to prepaid, but could not just transfer it to my name, therefore, we opened new account to my name and used that ever since. In total, we've been with Verizon over 15 years.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We value your loyalty here with us, Vikz. I'm sorry for your loss, and I appreciate the helpful information. I want to help you look into this further and let's work on this together. I sent you a Private Message so we can get additional information and discuss this further. I look forward to hearing from you.

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

TAICLA50

I bought this phone in September and have been experiencing the very same issue reported above at least once a week. To make matters worse, I purchased this phone to replace a Droid Maxx 2 with chronic power issues, which caused it to power off immediately and unexpectedly. Thus, I have unfortunately never owned a reliable phone in my life.

The fact that Verizon continued to sell this phone for more than a year after widespread reports of this problem is wildly unethical and most likely breaking some consumer protection law. Were it not for the fact that Verizon provides the only reliable coverage where I live, I would have jumped ship long ago for a different provider. I appreciate the patient customer service reps in this thread, who are clearly not at fault; the incompetence stems from much deeper in the system.

Yes my phone is up to date. Restarting fixes it temporarily. Yes, it has had this issue since day two. No, it is not related to poor 4G coverage. It may show no signal at all, and then when I restart my phone in the very same location, it registers three bars of 4G. Therefore my zip code is irrelevant. No, sending me a new or refurbished phone of the same model is not an acceptable solution, since it has not solved the issue for a single person in this thread.

0 Likes
Vikz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you, got a partial credit on my next billing cycle.

0 Likes
Vikz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unfortunately the phones were still being sold at my Verizon store where I tried to get support. I believe there would be some sort of official response if the phone sold in quantities equivalent to iPhone or galaxy, but since Asus is not widely purchased, any problems are possibly considered a drop on the ocean on Verizon radar.

0 Likes