Re: ASUS ZenFone V - Mobile Network Drops Off
SPARESOCIALCHANGE

I read all of these threads.  To the letter, I am having the same exact issues but even a bit worse.  I so rarely get network service that I've been forwarding calls to the Google Voice app on my phone.

As an IT Professional myself, I can see clearly the unethical business practice happening in these threads.

note:

Re: ZenFone V ASUS can't make calls.

Re: network drops off

Same problem.  Customers don't seem to be aware of this mega thread.

And support chimes in to do troubleshooting.  Always the same result.  This is a waste of time for tech support(I hope you're paying them for this frivolous activity) and for the customer, well.

I am on the verge of losing my house because of this issue.  Im absolutely serious.  Being unaware that WiFi calling wasn't REALLY working, I missed a crucial phone call, and now I'm going into foreclosure.  I simply don't have time right now to go through "let's pretend to troubleshoot".

Support:  Kindly have a working phone ready for me ASAP at the verizon store nearest me. 

I will be pasting to the BBB of course and considering a class action law suit, if I don't get a quick reply.

0 Likes
jasperm_vzw
Verizon Employee

We value all of our customers and want to make sure they have a working phone to use. I would feel the same way if my services was not working the way it should. Having a phone that always stays connected is important to us for our customers. With regard to the device issues you've experienced with this phone we would like to go through a couple of steps to see if anything can be done to fix it. To clarify, do you have this issue in other areas outside of this location?

0 Likes
reginau_vzw
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sparesocialchange, making sure that your mobile device is reliable and stays connected to the network is essential as our daily routines rely on staying connected. Having multiple device tech issues is never what we want our customers to experience.

In order for us to address the issue, we do start with the device itself and troubleshoot. We do lift up feedback to the manufactures, where the issues are tracked and monitored. Once we complete troubleshooting and confirm there is no damage, we look into replacement options.

I would like to confirm a couple of details to best assist, you can always complete the troubleshooting on your own if you do not have the time. Have you been able to back up and factory reset your Asus? Is the mobile device free of physical and liquid damage?

Here is a link to a device back-up guide: Verizon Cloud backup guide | Verizon Wireless 

When you have completed a back-up, please factory reset the device: Factory Data Reset (Powered On) - ASUS ZenFone V | Verizon Wireless

GinaU_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This
ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SPARESOCIALCHANGE

As I mentioned, I am an IT Support consultant. I have taken the following

steps:

Attempted to change various Network protocols.

Reset Network settings.

Full factory reset and wipe.

Used Verizon WIreless SOftware pgrade assistant to do a special repair on

the phone.

My mother has a verizon phone in the same house, no issues

My girlfriend also has a verizon phone, no issues.

When I connect it to WiFi, Most features work, except the MOST crucial ones:

I cannot dial out, I cannot receive phone calls.

I cannot get special authentication SMS's or push notifications.

Indeed, when I step outside, it will sometimes go full blast to 4G LTE, and

work fine, but still cut out even when outside in the city.

Likewise, once in a while, it works again at home, but not for long.

My symptoms are IDENTICAL to those described in the long forum.

I'm sorry for being so aggressive in my post, it's just that the timing

could not have been worse.

If you check you logs you should be able to confirm that I have performed

all of these steps.

On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 4:30 PM reginau_vzw <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SPARESOCIALCHANGE,

I really appreciate you trying those troubleshooting steps. Let's gather some additional information, to make sure we're covering all of our bases. What is the current software version on your device? Is your signal strength and 4G indicator the same as your mother and girlfriend, or are they different? Do you notice a pattern with Wifi Calling (for example, do you have issues with a certain Wifi network, or all networks)? When is the last time you were able to make a Wifi call? Please share these additional details for me, thank you. 

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SPARESOCIALCHANGE

All fair questions. Comparing the ASUS phone, side by side with any other

phone(swapped SIM cards to rule out any issues related to the phone number

or SIMC card), other phones(gf has gone through like 6 models of various

Gallaxy SX's, Motorola phones, iphone, etc.) Mom's phone is Kyocera .

ASUS Phone = no network connectivity at all. no bars. x symbol

All other phones = about 2 to 5 bars of reception depending on location in

house

WiFi calling has not worked since I got the phone, i try to enable it from

the settings, it hangs for a while, then says it was unable to do it.

Clearly, I can have VOIP conversations via my Internet connection, since

Google Voice works perfectly.

And now outside, sometimes i'll get a good signal, but its always a matter

of a short while, like a few min, and it goes dead.

Here's some software info for you:

On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 6:37 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

SPARESOCIALCHANGE wrote:

All fair questions. Comparing the ASUS phone, side by side with any other

phone(swapped SIM cards to rule out any issues related to the phone number

or SIMC card), other phones(gf has gone through like 6 models of various

Gallaxy SX's, Motorola phones, iphone, etc.) Mom's phone is Kyocera .

ASUS Phone = no network connectivity at all. no bars. x symbol

All other phones = about 2 to 5 bars of reception depending on location in

house

WiFi calling has not worked since I got the phone, i try to enable it from

the settings, it hangs for a while, then says it was unable to do it.

Clearly, I can have VOIP conversations via my Internet connection, since

Google Voice works perfectly.

And now outside, sometimes i'll get a good signal, but its always a matter

of a short while, like a few min, and it goes dead.

Here's some software info for you:

On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 6:37 PM vzw_customer_support <

If you included an attachment with your reply, it wasn't posted on the community forum. You need to sign into the community forum directly and navigate to this discussion thread and post the images to the thread.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lorenzop_vzw
Verizon Employee

SPARESOCIALCHANGE, I know how important it is to be able to have a phone that you can rely on for calling. You've come to the right place for assistance and I appreciate the extensive details and troubleshooting that you've completed thus far. Based on the information that you've shared, I'd like to be able to take a closer look at your account to provide a resolution. Please check your inbox for a Private Message.

LorenzoP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SPARESOCIALCHANGE

Screenshot_20190121-184642.jpgScreenshot_20190121-184651.jpgScreenshot_20190121-184727.jpg

verizonmoderator2

lorenzop_vzw

0 Likes
SPARESOCIALCHANGE

Screenshot_20190121-184906.jpgScreenshot_20190121-184846.jpg

0 Likes