Re: ASUS ZenFone V - Mobile Network Drops Off
reginau_vzw
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sparesocialchange, I see that we sent you a Private Message to work with you individually. Did you receive that message and have you been working with another representative?

GinaU_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SPARESOCIALCHANGE

No!  The rep in the private message asked me for.....a PHONE number, to call me back on.  (Yes it's funny, in a very cruel way).  I provided my google voice number.  No phone call.  No message.  No text

0 Likes
fubizitch

I too am getting this same error.  After going into an area with no cell phone service (aka my garage), if down there long enough, the phone will permanently be disconnected from the network.

I've tried turning on and off Airplane mode, tried disabling the mobile network, etc.  Only rebooting restores the modem.

My phone used to do this much more often until I told the mobile network to stay connected while using WiFi.

My wife and I both have this model, and both have this issue.

To the Verizon representatives:  Please stop taking all these users through basic troubleshooting steps.  It hasn't worked for any of us.  It's a software issue, probably related to the modem.  Please fix!  It should be easy enough for you to test in-house with the same device by moving to a room without service.

Is there currently an open case on this issue, and/or currently being worked on?  This phone is pretty awesome for the price otherwise, but it's just sad that it has been over a year without a fix.

0 Likes
TinkerDog

Hi Everyone !

I see a great number of you  have the Zenfone V and have the same problem as I do !  For over a year I have had the Zenfone V drop connection for no apparent reason in very strong network areas.

Before any of the Verizon BOTS here respond with their canned messages of help....   MY WIFE HAS THE SAME PHONE.  We bought our two phones back in March, 2018.  HER PHONE DOES NOT HAVE THIS ANNOYING AND POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS BEHAVIOR !!!

Even after going into a ZERO Bar area, her ASUS Zenfone V reconnects AUTOMATICALLY with the NETWORK, AS IT SHOULD !!!!!!   But mine, No dice.   After I go into the same location, as her, my phone WILL NOT RECONNECT... PERIOD !!!!  

I've been to the Verizon store 3 times to fix the problem.... first, they replaced the SIM card..... next, they did a FACTORY RESTORE TO ORIGINAL SETTINGS....  then they told me I was out of luck.   I would have to PAY OFF they *!$# phone before I could upgrade it !!!

REALLY ??  That's the BEST you can do, Verizon?   I've been with you guys for 15 years......   

You should pull this *!#& phone from the shelves and website and send them  back to ASUS !!  They are ruining what LITTLE good reputation you had !!!

(Don't ask me to do all the things you keep repeating ad nauseam like you do to all the rest of the complaints about this phone.   I've done them ALL.... and you have the data from them and it is a complete waste of time to do it again and again and again...... to NO AVAIL !!!!  It's like your BOTS can't get beyond the canned responses here and they stop helping).

You KNOW these phones are DEFECTIVE after the complaining started !!!!   And you STILL keep selling them !!

At least you could take them back and switch them out for a  similarly priced phone from some other manufacturer to keep good will between yourselves and your customers !!!!  

Do you REALLY WANT US TO LEAVE ?????   CONSUMER CELLULAR IS LOOKING BETTER AND BETTER ALL THE TIME.

How about being human and do the right thing with all the people who bought this piece of junk phone..... at least give us store credit on it so we can burn them in the nearest trash dump.

Thanks for listening.

Tinkerdog

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TinkerDog

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about the connectivity issues you're experiencing with your phone, we definitely do not want to lose you over this. I know how I depend on my phone for just about everything. I'm more than happy to take a deeper look into this to see if we can pinpoint what's going on, this way it can be resolved quickly. As your time is valuable, we do not want to repeat steps you have already done in an attempt to resolve this. I will be sending you a private message so that we can access the account and better assist you. I look forward to working with you soon.

EdwardL_VZW

0 Likes
TinkerDog

Possible GOOD NEWS, ASUS Zenfone users!

An update came out Aug 9, 2019 at 5:09PM for our phones.   It upgraded us to 

VZW_ASUS_A006-V5.6.0-user version.

The Android Version is now 8.0.0, OREO.

The update APPEARS to have fixed the dropped connection problem.   After the update, I have not had any more problems with MY phone anymore in 3 days.

So get the update, and try it out and see how your mileage goes with it.   If it starts dropping again, I'll post back with that info.

So far, so good.

0 Likes
abbeyerin

Awesome!  Just updated, and will let you know if I have any issues.

I can't believe it took 2 years to fix a modem issue!

0 Likes
crabhammer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Finally!  My phone's been running smoothly since the update, even as I've been trying to bait a signal drop.  A sincere thank-you to all the engineers and service reps who got this fix to us.

As for the corporate side that kept selling this phone with a known defect... I'm going to think twice before buying another Asus motherboard.  For Verizon, I think the best punishment would be to vote for somebody who'll get rid of Ajit Pai.

0 Likes
DLEASSM
Enthusiast - Level 2

Historically my phone, and my wife's phone, have failed to reconnect to the network when we have been in places where the signal was lost, despite there being clear signal outside the buildings.  There are two places I frequent where this problem exists.

One is a building where I lose signal, and almost always have to restart my phone when exiting the building.  Another is a building where I lose signal as soon as I enter the door, and have ALWAYS had to restart my phone - heavy, thick concrete walls with lots of rebar.

I have been in both buildings multiple times since the recent operating system update, and I have not had to restart my phone.  It reconnects to the network when I exit the buildings.  So apparently the update fixed the problem.

It only took a year and a half.  And Verizon still sold this phone long after knowing it was a problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Seeing that it has been an on going service problem with the phone, you must be met with a concrete resolution. Can you tell me more about how your service experience has been the past week in the two locations mentioned?

It is important to note that signal interference can be affected by a multitude of factors that cannot be recognized or even seen sometimes. The relevant factor in this circumstance is going to be the signal interference in your particular location. Due to signal limitations, radio frequencies get reduced penetration and cannot get through thick and heavy materials. Do you have a Wi-Fi or a high-speed Internet connection at these locations?

AkaneM_VZW

0 Likes