Re: ASUS ZenFone V - Mobile Network Drops Off
Macchina
Enthusiast - Level 1

No damage at all, this phone is only a few weeks old.  I did not do a factory reset because that has not corrected the issue for others on this page and takes hours of time to get everything back.

0 Likes
ROBGAI55
Enthusiast - Level 2

This my 3rd time trying to write this post using the ZenFone V. Verizon needs to recall these phones and give everyone that has 1 another phone that's not a 4g capable only phone. I live a rural area and this phone is almost useless to talk on. I'm glad I still have a home phone to use.

0 Likes
Macchina
Enthusiast - Level 1

So this issue has been going on for 8 months and Verizon still has not created a correction for it???

I have been chatting with Asus and they are about as much help (none at all) as the Verizon customer service.  They are completely unwilling to tell me if they have any plans to release a fix or when/if the Oreo update will be released for this phone...

How in the world can neither Verizon or Asus know (or be willing to tell) us when the update is coming.  Even if it's a year out just tell us so we can make other plans as far as what phone to use...

0 Likes
crabhammer
Enthusiast - Level 3

After the first rep that direct-messaged me failed to call me, I complained here some more until a second rep direct-messaged me.  8 days after I gave them a number and time to contact me, I still haven't heard anything.  I tried to poke them again via email and got a delivery failure notice.

I'm fuming over here.  I'm about to see what the BBB has to say about this - I'll post it here, if it's anything useful.

Macchina
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had a very similar responses from Verizon.  Sending me to many different communication types (Facebook Messanger, chat, phone calls, etc.) and they just stop responding or they have me do something on my phone that causes us to get disconnected on chat or they simply can't help me.  They also said they'd call me and never called.  This is ridiculous.

0 Likes
crabhammer
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Better Business Bureau is going to take a bit to process this, but I imagine we'll get a stronger response if several people complain.  For now, instead of trying to deal with Verizon, I'd suggest spending 5-10 minutes here:

BBB Online Complaint System | Get Started

0 Likes
Macchina
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just submitted a complaint as well.  I've had good luck in the past going through the BBB when a company does something like this...

0 Likes
ROBGAI55
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will do the same when I get to a location with a strong signal of 4g.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

My entire life is on my phone, ROBGAI55. I totally understand where you’re coming from on this. You came to the right place for some answers. You mentioned you live in a rural area and when you get to a location with 4G, there are no issues with calling. I think that’s a key fact and I’ve sent you a direct message so we can look further into the options.

George_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mkolber
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hmmm. Someone is lying...

Verizon: "we are working with Asus and hope to have a fix for this issue soon"

Asus: "The issue with the device dropping signals is not one that is experienced by our customers and is not one that was reported to Asus."

0 Likes