Re: ASUS ZenFone V - Mobile Network Drops Off
KRIKLI68

In this thread it shows many people have this same issue. I got my Zenfone

V last week, and it's happened 3 times. Usually while/after I'm driving,

I'll notice that the number of bars is zero and there will be a little red

x above it. No calls or texts are possible. Turning mobile data off and

on doesn't fix it. Turning Wifi off and on doesn't fix it. Turning

airplane mode on and off doesn't fix it. Only restarting the phone fixes

it. My phone has all the system updates.

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 8:47 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
CHRPHI44

I'm well documented on this thread as to the issues (which matches everyone else's issues) as well. It's clearly a broken phone in terms of it's current software/hardware implementation. I could miss an emergency call from my my family if I don't remember to check to restart when leaving wifi or "dead spot" tower area (I love in a moderate coverage area). I've talked to Verizon about the issue and have agreed to stay for now to give them a chance to fix it, but if I actually missed an emergency call due to this, i'd have no choice but to take my family's $2k worth of annual business elsewhere over a $240 phone they sell with known issues.

0 Likes
mkolber
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's also documented in the poor reviews the phone has received on the Verizon website, most of which discuss this exact issue. Interestingly, Verizon is now giving this phone away for free! Frankly, a first step to satisfying us would be to (1) stop charging us for it and (2) let us out of any contractual obligation to continue service with them.  I've been a Verizon customer for 17 years. This is the first phone I have purchased directly from Verizon in a long time (used re-sellers and Amazon/eBay refurbished phones to avoid contract commitments). It's likely to be the last.

I am, btw, capturing and saving every page of this thread in pdf and proof of Verizon's "commitment" to customer service (yes, that was sarcastic). I will, of course, remove any customer identifying information when and if I choose to use it elsewhere.

ZenphoneTemp.PNG

0 Likes
crabhammer
Enthusiast - Level 3

A rep emailed me last week to set up a phone call, but hasn't called yet.

I agree that it's extremely bad form to keep selling a phone with an issue like this.  Perhaps a class-action suit is in order.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of reliable service at all times. Have you been able to complete all troubleshooting available? Are any other Verizon devices affected around you? Does this happen at all times while driving? Does it happen when you are not on the road?

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DLEASSM, we would never want to sell a product that has a known issue. With regards to the device being defective this can usually occur after the device has had different updates or changes with the software. We would not know that information until it is brought to our attention and we have to do research on the issues presented. As stated by my colleague we are working with Asus and hope to have a fix for this issue soon. We thank you for your patience during this time and will make sure to have an update once this has been rectified. I hope I was able to clarify your questions. 

Jasper_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a reliable mobile device is a must, KRIKLI68. I am concerned to learn you are having trouble with your new Zenfone. We do have a 14 day return period for new devices, we want you to be confident with your purchase.

Have you already completed any troubleshooting steps?

GinaU_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be sad if you left CHRPHI44. I understand how important it is to have a good signal. We want to get to the bottom of this and help you. I do appreciate all that you have done and would like to investigate this for you further. I have sent you a private message so we can assist you further.

Amber_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

crabhammer, I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received any follow-up communication with the previous representative. I want to ensure that you are able to get the proper assistance that you require so that the connectivity issues you're experiencing with the ASUS ZenFone V can be resolved. I have sent you a Private Message, please check your inbox.

Lorenzo_VZW

0 Likes
KRIKLI68

I tried many troubleshooting steps, but nothing helped.  I returned the phone and got a moto g6. 

0 Likes