Accidentally put SIM card in before activation??
jon951

Hi. As the question says, I accidentally put my new SIM card into my new device I got like two days ago before SIM registration.

I noticed I did it wrong since the activation couldn't proceed. So I called Verizon to register my SIM card, after registration I took out the SIM card, and inserted it again, turned on my new phone, and started phone activation.

I don't see anything wrong, but just in case.

Can there be anything wrong if I inserted my new SIM card into my new device before SIM registration?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Accidentally put SIM card in before activation??
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

The sim automatically registers and is pre-assigned to your device at any rate. The activation instructions don't even say to activate online any longer.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

You should be fine, as lemew said, with SIM cards, the activation process is automatic.  If you do find your phone having major connection issues, you can always contact Verizon to get a new card.

0 Likes
notarep
Contributor - Level 3

Make sure it activated to the right line if you used another phone number's upgrade. It will auto activate to the line it was ordered under. No need to worry about this if you have a single line.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Demmo says you Should be fine: The only thing i would Add and i have give this recommendation to allot is when installing the Sim Be careful not to Touch the Gold area of the Sim it's Very Sensible to Static Electricity & the Oils in our Fingers an touching the Surface of the gold area could lead to Serious issues with the Sim Card.. b33

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

That's a good recommendation, I always forget that can cause an issue.

B33
Legend

Thanks Demmo b33 Smiley Happy

0 Likes