Activating new phone
jbergman59

I cracked the screen on my Galaxy S3 so I switched back to a Samsung Fascinate about a week ago. Now I'm trying to activate another Galaxy S3 that I bought from a friend, but when I try to get it to text me the code it says "Sorry, Line not eligible to receive the Online Authorization Code due to a recent change on the line." Do I just need to wait longer until I try to activate the new phone, or can I not activate it at all?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Activating new phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Not necessarily, jbergman59. You can change the device info on My Verizon as well. It sounds like the SIM needs to be reactivated before you will be able to activate and use the device.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jbergman59,

I am so sorry you are having issues activating your device. We want to make sure you are up and running again. Are you using the same SIM card that you had in the previous Galaxy S3? Please reach out to our customer support team at 800-922-0204 so they can process the device change for you and get you going as soon as possible.

LindseyT_VZW

0 Likes
jbergman59

I am using the same SIM card as the previous S3 and when I go to the "About phone" section in settings, the phone number is correct, but its still giving me the same problem as it has been. Do I need to go to a Verizon store to have it done?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've run into this when switching devices - and a call to customer service with the SIM card(s) and IMEI got things moving pretty quickly.  800-922-0204, option 4, then say AGENT at the prompt.  This will get you a live person, tell them you are having trouble activating a new or replacement device, and they will transfer you to someone who can get it done.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Not necessarily, jbergman59. You can change the device info on My Verizon as well. It sounds like the SIM needs to be reactivated before you will be able to activate and use the device.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes