Add fully owned tablet to plan
Bjmacdow

I have a vzw galaxy note 12.2 that has not had vzw data for quite some time.  It won't let me check for updates without the data connection.   Can I add the data to it and cancel it at any time?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Add fully owned tablet to plan
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate your interest in adding a line! The device would be able to be cancelled at any time without penalty as long as no contract or device payment currently exist. May I ask what software version you're currently running on the device?
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Bjmacdow

It is either 5.0.1 or 5.1.1, it has been a stability disaster for certain applications, very disappointing.  Was hooked up to vze when updated last.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

What plan are you on?  If it's a shared plan like More Everything or the Verizon plan, then you can add the tablet for $10/month; add it at the start of a billing cycle and leave it on for the full month to get full advantage of the shared data.

The same would apply if it 's on  an older legacy plan (add at the beginning o fhte billing cycle and leave it on for the full month) - adding it for a short period would result in a pro-rated amount of data which may not be sufficient to complete the update (2 GB plan, active for one week translates to ~500MB data...)

0 Likes