Re: Adding a new notification sound
JOSZEF30
Contributor - Level 1

If I were adding a new ringtone, I wouldn't be asking here, because that folder's easily found and new files added there show up right away.  I want to add a new Notification sound and replace the current one with it and don't understand why putting it in the right folder in the same way that other files are set doesn't make it available.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

To clarify, what are trying to add as a sound notification? If we have a better idea of exactly what you're trying to accomplish, we may know a way to help you do it.*Melissa

0 Likes
JOSZEF30
Contributor - Level 1

I downloaded a short audio file (an mp3) and want to add it to the list of files that can be selected as my Notification sound.  Then, I want to select it instead of the default sound.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOSZEF30, we hope it goes well with locating the folder. 

-David

0 Likes
JOSZEF30
Contributor - Level 1

If you'll follow the thread, you'll see that I already found the folder; I just can't get the file recognized.  What format does it need to be in?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are always here to help you! We are more than happy to assist you further. Please send us a Private Message for further assistance. *Emina

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

To clarify, what's the make and model of your phone?*Melissa

0 Likes
JOSZEF30
Contributor - Level 1

If you'll go back and read the first post in this thread, you'll see that I have a Galaxy A01 phone.  Asked and answered.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@JOSZEF30 wrote:

I found the folder: /Android/media/com.google.android.gm, and every file is in its own folder.  Alas, creating a new folder and putting the sound file into it doesn't make it available, even after a reboot.  Suggestions?

If I wasn't clear before, that folder path you listed IS NOT the correct folder for saving your custom ringtones, notification tones, or alarm tones to make the custom tones selectable in the selection list. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

https://infos-geek.com/en/comment-changer-le-son-des-notifications-sur-samsung-galaxy-a01/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes