Address where to return old phone for the edge program?
traxinc1

purchased new Samsung and as part of the edge program they require returning my old smart phone in 14 days, the guy in the store said go on line for the return address because he did'nt know it?   any help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Address where to return old phone for the edge program?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

traxinc1, congratulations on your edge upgrade to a new Samsung device! You will receive a prepaid shipping label to send your current device to us. You can contact our Device Recycling team at 877-247-3846 if you have any additional concerns regarding shipping in your device.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

traxinc1, congratulations on your edge upgrade to a new Samsung device! You will receive a prepaid shipping label to send your current device to us. You can contact our Device Recycling team at 877-247-3846 if you have any additional concerns regarding shipping in your device.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Make sure when you send it back that you use the address but pay the shipping and insure the package as well.  Verizion has a huge history of packages NOT arriving where they should or arriving damaged or just flat out lost once there.  It is definitely worth the 7 or 8 bucks to do.

rlm123

Seems like this happens to a lot of customers!

Happened to me too.

Still awaiting my label and 14 days almost up!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rlm123,

I am sorry you have not received you label to send back your device. To clarify, were you already on the Edge plan and just Edge up to another device or were you signing up for a new Edge plan? Did you process this in a store, online, or over the phone? Please provide details.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rlm123

Yes, my old phone was purchased under the Edge program.

I received a bag and instructions to return the phone using the “included shipping label”, but no label was provided.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Not applicable

try going to a store and getting one. My store even gives you a box to send it back not just an envelope.

0 Likes
rlm123

Thanks.

I saw another post from someone who did this and got mixed messages from the store personnel.

I am nervous about sending it back and not getting proper credit, which seems to have happened to a number of people.

Clearly Verizon needs to improve their process here!

I would honestly be extremely reluctant to sign up for the Edge program again!

0 Likes
Not applicable

You only have to run in your phone on edge if your upgrading early. If you pay off your edge device you don't have to turn it in to get anther phone. I've done Edge on two lines and everything has gone smoothly so far.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rlm123, thanks for the information. If you are able to sign into your My Verizon account we can go to either the View Orders or My Documents and receipt to look for the label. Within the View order screen you will see the option to print the label on the right hand side of the page. Keep us updated.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes