After the Droid Software update on 1/8/17, WIFI will not connect
Tucson8

My Droid has been working great for 18 months. Suddenly, a system Update was done on 1/8/17 (24.81.5.EN.US) and I can no longer connect to my home WIFI. It connects, then immediately disconnects and says WIFI UNAVAILABLE.

I have tried rebooting my Router. I have tried FORGETting my home wifi names and adding them again. I have tried Rebooting my phone.

What is going on? I am totally frustrated. I asked at the Verizon store and they said "Oh, it's your router". Well, I doubt it. My router connects to my Windows laptop, My Ipad, and my Iphone just fine.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: After the Droid Software update on 1/8/17, WIFI will not connect
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried with Airplane Mode on and then turn on the wifi radio?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tucson8

I tried what you said, but Airplane Mode turns OFF all WIFI.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

With Airplane Mode on, you can manually turn on both the Bluetooth and WiFi radios.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tucson8

OH. Ok, I did try this and it still would not connect.

0 Likes
juand_vzw
Verizon Employee

Connecting to wifi is an essential function to always have working, Tucson8. I know I'd be lost if I couldn't to wifi. I will be delighted to get this fixed for you. Can you connect to other wifi connections on your Droid? Outside of the software update, have you added any new applications?

0 Likes
Tucson8

I can connect outside my home, but not in my house.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's rare, but I've heard of this happening before after a phone update, Tucson8. Guided by past resolutions, let's pull focus on the wireless router being used. Are there any wireless router firmware updates available? Regrettably you may need to consult your wifi router manufacturer to find out this. 

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

You may have to wipe the phone and start fresh. Gotta be a glitch somewhere. Are you able to shock the router to reboot it?

0 Likes
Tucson8

I have not added any new apps and I can connect outside my house.

0 Likes